“VERY GOOD” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sawa - CLOSED

Sawa
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
New Haven, Connecticut
“VERY GOOD”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stayed overnight in Long Branch for mudderella and we starving lol. We drove by found parking and weth the few choices around us we both decided on sushi (my fav, yum) We were seated quickly and sat at the hibachi table (my friend was having hibachi) Food, hibachi, took a little longer than expected but maybe it was because we were starving. Food was excellent! If in the area again will definitely go back again. Beautiful area

Visited May 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Sushi!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

The food was great and they had a great selection of drinks at the bar! Servers were very nice as well! Will be back again!

Visited April 2014
Beckley, West Virginia, United States
“decent sushi”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

Located by the boardwalk in Long Branch.
Tasteful, neat and clean interior.
There is a bar area, a regular sit-down restaurant, and an area with hibachi style dining prepared at your table. We ate in the sit-down area and had sushi.
Wait staff seemed disorganized. Twice, once after the waitress had taken our drink order and then after she had taken our sushi order, a second waiter came out and offered to take our order. Better than being ignored, though.
Of the three rolls we had, only the Ocean 68 roll was a standout. Prices were a little high.

• Visited March 2014
“Some problems”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

There's nothing wrong with their food. I really enjoy the atmosphere here, and the fact that its in pier village and you can walk around, etc. My problem with them is the little things that they do.

#1 Hardly ANY of the waiters/waitresses speak any English! I really can't understand what they are saying half the time and that's why they screw up my order EVERY tune I've been there.

#2 Water should be given to a customer immediately, I should not have to ASK for a glass of cold water. Thats a given.

#3 I asked for my sushi roll to be cut thin. Which if you're a sushi restaurant should know that it means 10-12 pieces instead of the standard 8. They have NEVER gotten this right.

#4 If I have to ask you for soy sauce more than 3 times to be brought out to me, that's a problem. You are a SUSHI restaurant, soy sauce should be ON the table? !

Like I said, I've never had a bad meal here, food is good, its just the service I have a problem with. Not worth going back when your paying for such an expensive meal with lack of service. Thumbs down!

Basking Ridge, New Jersey, United States
“Great Happy Hour!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

Came from across the street during their happy hour. They didn't have any food on the happy hour menu. Glad we did.

They have special drinks like jalapeno infused margaritas that were great, or pear martinis that were delicious. The food menu was extensive and delicious. We tried a couple of things that we had never heard of, and they were great. Good value and super server. We will be back.

Visited January 2014