“Best Bacon Cheese Burger”
Review of The Sitting Duck

The Sitting Duck
Ranked #8 of 131 Restaurants in Long Branch
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: We are a family owned/operated full service family restaurant serving lunch, dinner & cocktails. We pride ourselves on food quality & service
West Long Branch, New Jersey
“Best Bacon Cheese Burger”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This has been one of my favorite places to eat for more then 20 years. Our kids love it too. good drinks too

• Visited May 2014

Athens, Attiki, Greece
“sitting duck the best”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I've been there on 2012 with my family and we had such a great time!! food was great- burgers are the best- and the drinks too!!! one thing i noticed is how clean where the glasses, plates etc.....

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Maraki K
New York City, New York
“Menu for everyone”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

This place has a nice sized bar in it and a great menu with specials and it can be hard to narrow down the choices. I enjoy the burgers here, everyone once in a while I will splurge if there is a special that catches my eye. Prices are in line with the quality, if you are coming here looking for a high end steak house experience move on, this is a working mans dream and they take good care of you. I'm just glad they stayed true to the neighborhood and keep turning out good eats.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank CVworldwide
Madison, Virginia
“This Duck Is Dead in the Water”
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

It's a local joint, noisy with a big bar. I ate there last year, and it was ok, but nothing exceptional. This year, it was a disaster.

Let's start with my order: a rack of ribs. Didn't offer a half rack, which was what I really wanted, but I figured ok, I could nuke the leftovers. Not. The rack was burned...charred smaller ribs. And it was totally dried out.

To be fair, the waitress offered to get me something else, but as it was getting late (after 9pm), I really didn't want to eat any later. Since I'd eaten only the smallest ribs, I figured the larger ones would be ok. Boy, was I wrong!

And the sauce had not much flavor, other than honey and (?) Karo. I've had better ribs at Chili's.

Bad news for this place; I live in north central Virginia, where they know how to make real "Q."

And the "crispy" fries were somewhat crispy, but grease-laden.

All in all, this place is on my "never again" list.

Long Branch, New Jersey
“leisurely tasty excellent dining.”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

All American food of excellence. Many cuisines under one roof, as delicious as it comes. A place were 6 can eat their fill of the tastiest food (with amazing nightly specials) in a comfortable relaxing environment and leave a good tip costing less then $25.00 a head, where can you beat that.

• Visited February 2014