“A Quiet Little Get Away” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bungalow Hotel

Bungalow Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Long Branch
“A Quiet Little Get Away”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

On a snowy December evening, my significant other and I needed an escape from the rest of the world even though we live within a half hour.. This little boutique hotel fit the bill. Located at the beach within walking distance to an assortment of restaurants and shops, sits this unassuming hotel. Not so inside. The rooms are appointed with a flat screen tv and gas fireplace. A tiny kitchenette for your own use. It's modern and classy - actually simple in decor but none the less contemporary. If you are looking for a romantic hideaway without having to go to New York, this is it.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Lisa M, Manager at Bungalow Hotel, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Thank you for your nice review. The Bungalow is the perfect setting for a romantic get-away. Regardless of a wintery snow storm or summer sunshine, the hotel emits a joyous feeling with wonderful views throughout all seasons. We look forward to having you visit again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
New York, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

I recently got married in Long Branch in November and used the Bungalow Hotel as accommodations for my family and friends traveling into the area, as well as the location for our post-reception afterparty and post-wedding breakfast. Although they were going over some changes in management during the year of contacting them leading up to the wedding, once I was finally in touch with their current manager Lisa, things went very smoothly and she could not have been more helpful in organizing all of the logistics (thank you Lisa!!). Bungalow never denied any of my requests and all of my guests were thrilled with their accommodations. There were fresh flowers everywhere and deliciously smelling candles in the lobby every day, the front desk staff were always kind and accommodating (even when dealing with 75 drunk people at the afterparty and cleaning up the breakfast I had catered in the next morning), and everyone at the hotel went out of their way to make sure everyone was taken care of. Beds are gloriously comfortable and everyone loved the unique and modern decor. Being November, we loved that the rooms had fireplaces too! I'm excited to revisit in the summertime and take advantage of their great location right next to the beach!

Room Tip: The Lil Pipeline can be used as a "honeymoon" suite and is the only suite in the hotel wit...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Lisa M, Manager at Bungalow Hotel, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Your review is greatly appreciated. We are happy that you and your family celebrated your wedding at the Bungalow Hotel and enjoyed your stay. Our staff take much pride in ensuring that all guests are completely satisfied during their stay and we strive to go above and beyond guest expectations. We look forward to your visit again and have a wonderful new year!
Edison, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

I took my girlfriend here for New Year's Eve/ Birthday we both loved it. The parking is convenient. The lobby is very unique and cool looking. Lisa, the manager went above and beyond. She took the time to cater to to my event. She contacted me directly beforehand, upgraded my room to a suite and even followed up after our stay. Our room was probably the best room I ever stayed in and the best in the hotel (Lisa took pictures of the view and sent them to me). I really recommend this hotel based on the great service, the atmosphere, location and coolness factor. Top notch! We will be going back.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Lisa M, Manager at Bungalow Hotel, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Thank you for your review and for chosing to stay at the Bunaglow Hotel to celebrate your special occasions. It is our pleasure to make every guest feel catered to. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you visit again. Have a wonderful new year!
Long Branch, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

Your hotel is so modern and chic! What a pity you degrade it's elegance by having indiscreet and suggestive pictures in your lobby and rooms. For a hotel which pays so much attention to the details you lost the big picture with your immodesty. The music playing when we arrived was so not relaxing and classy. Please make some small changes in the music and pictures and your hotel will be a chic and classy place that all could enjoy!!

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Adina W
Lisa M, Manager at Bungalow Hotel, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
Thank you for your review and suggestions. We pride ourselves in creating a classy, chic and welcoming atmosphere. The lobby music selections are intended to inspire a sophisticated setting in which we have received many compliments in the past. In regards to our décor, please feel free to contact me to discuss what you found degrading. We certainly value and appreciate all guest comments and continually work to maintain upmost customer satisfaction.
Manahawkin, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

The Bungalow is advertised as a hip and modern boutique hotel on the Jersey Shore. My husband and I decided to celebrate our anniversary in Long Branch and decided to stay at the Bungalow. I am so glad we did! The hotel is everything advertised and more! The rooms are beautifully decorated and clean. When I made the reservation, I put in the comments section that we were celebrating a special occasion. The manager Lisa went out of her way to make our time there special. She surprised us with an upgrade to a suite (what a treat!) and a bottle of wine was waiting for us in the room. If you are looking to stay in a unique hotel and experience amazing service then check out the Bungalow!

Room Tip: Ask for the Lil Pipeline suite...it is gorgeous!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Lisa M, Manager at Bungalow Hotel, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Thank you for chosing to stay at the Bungalow to celebrate your special occasion. It is our pleasure to make everyone's stay here a wonderful and memorable experience!
New Rochelle, New York, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

We loved this place - the people working there were awesome and took excellent care of us. Our room was fun and hip and had a fireplace and other cite little touches. Easy parking in an area where parking can be tough and a 1 minute walk to the beach, great shops, awesome restaurants. We will be back for sure!

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Butler, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

Stayed at the Bungalow for a work conference. Cool little hotel a block or so off the beach and near the pier. Reminded me of a "W" hotel. Initial thoughts were the place was pricey but really nice.

Front Desk receptionist was a nice young woman, friendly but maybe a little inexperienced (coming from someone whose brother was in management at the W in NYC). Room was very nice but quickly started to notice the little things - clocks weren't set to right time, light bulbs burned out, q-tip on the window sill (didn't look used at least), no wireless info included in my check in info. Biggest bummer was the gas fireplace not working. Was a cold fall night and the web site touted the fact that there was a fireplace which my wife and I had been looking forward to, so wasn't happy with that.

Called the front desk and they told me it was broken and scheduled to be fixed the following week (wait... a week later???). Needless to say I wasn't happy but only learned the next day that they took $50 off of the nightly rate - would have been smarter to tell me that right away to keep me from stewing about it night before, amazed that they wouldn't do something about it. I was actually so upset at the perceived lack of doing something I wrote a TA review that night, only to have it removed once I learned the discount had been applied. As I mentioned earlier "inexperienced".

Came back from dinner and learned they had decided not to open the lounge bar, even though there was a convention in town that a lot of us were attending. Another bummer, went next door to the Wine Loft which was great (see that review separately)

In the end the place is probably awesome in July but I can't imagine the price. It was $350 a night in October for a room that was nice but disappointing. Near the beach so

Room Tip: Note right on the beach and beach views probably available higher up (i was second floor) so not sur...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Cedars & Beeches
Cedars & Beeches
#3 of 4 in Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#1 of 3 in West Long Branch
Homewood Suites by Hilton Eatontown
Oyster Point Hotel
Oyster Point Hotel
#2 of 4 in Red Bank

Been to Bungalow Hotel? Share your experiences!