“Scumptious Food and Plenty of it !!!!”
Review of Johnny Piancone's

Johnny Piancone's
Ranked #12 of 135 Restaurants in Long Branch
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 March 2014

My husband and I loved Piancone's when it was in Bradley Beach and so disappointed when it closed many years ago. We were elated when we heard Johnny Piancone's was opening in Long Branch, the town where we live. Since it opened, a few years ago, we try to go at least twice a month. The food is always topnotch whether ordering from the menu or the creative special menu of the day. Ricky, the owner and chef Jose will go out of their way to make sure you have an amazing meal. The portions are so big, you will have enough for another memorable meal the next day. Everyone we bring there rave to us about the food and I have never heard anyone complain. All the staff are friendly and attentive as well as Jeff,the bartender. We like to sit at the bar for dinner when we are not with friends and always meet interesting people also enjoying there time at this exceptional restaurant. Try Johnny Piancone's, you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank marlygirl

Reviewed 29 December 2013

My husband and I have always talked about dining at this restaurant and we finally made the decision to go. We made reservations for a Saturday night and were promptly seated when we arrived. There were only a few patrons at first but the restaurant did fill up quiet quickly after we were seated. It was a diverse crowd (families, couples, friends). There's a small bar section located in the middle depending on how you enter the restaurant. The waitress/ waiters were attentive to our needs and requests of the other diners around. We decided to try one of their hot appetizer specials, stuffed frying pepper with sausage, broccoli rabe and something else. It was delicious! For dinner we had Chicken La Nonna and Chicken Scarpariello. Both dishes came out with generous size portions and we left with meals for the next day. We left room for dessert and had gelato. I'm so glad that we made the decision to try the restaurant. Will we go back? Absolutely and maybe we'll bring the family!

1  Thank kbird87
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I have enjoyed many meals at this comfortable, well managed establishment. Easy parking. Courteous service. First rate ingredients. Imaginative presentations. Generous servings. Delicious meals. Very hard to beat is you are in the mood for Italian cooking.

1  Thank Dinejo
Reviewed 8 November 2013

My wife and I have been to this restaurant many times and have had many of the menu items. As such, I can report that everything we have had was from very good to excellent. We are never disappointed, as is true with respect to any one we are with. When having conversations with other patrons, which have been many, I have never heard anyone complain. Instead, only compliments are paid. The chef, Jose, has been with the restaurant's owner, Rick, for many years and puts out nothing but the best, along with obviously being interested in his patrons being satisfied. As far as I can see and taste, only the finest ingredients are utilized. Whenever someone asks me for recommendation as to where to dine, I always recommend "Johnny P's." No one has ever complained to me yet, nor do I expect this to occur. When someone does mention something about my recommendation, it is normally that they are glad that I made the recommendation. One of the meals, stuffed rigatoni, along with the outstanding gravy, is only one of many meals you will absolutely. Finally, it should be mentioned that the service has always been very good, something we have never any difficulty with.

1  Thank MCINVESTMAN
Reviewed 23 September 2013

This is the second time we've eaten at this restaurant. The first time we sat upstairs in what I would describe at a party room. It was quiet and the service was good, but the bathrooms were on the first floor. Our most recent visit was on a Friday night. The restaurant was not crowded, and we were seated in the main dining room.The party of 7 seated nearby were quite boisterous. That was our only complaint - the noise level. The menu has some interesting offerings. though it is not expansive. The four of us had salads to start and they were all delicious, fresh, and BIG.
The swordfish topped with arugula and white beans was excellent and the chicken with prosciutto
and mozzarella was a winner. One guest had a pork chop entree and the other had a pasta.
All of us agreed that the food and service were worthy of a return trip. There is a parking lot in the back of the restaurant which is an added bonus.

2  Thank 2njtravelers_9