“Shouldn't judge a book by it's cover!!”

Niko's Trapezi - a Greek Taverna
Ranked #23 of 132 Restaurants in Long Branch
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: Ph. (732) 222-4600
Spring Lake, New Jersey
“Shouldn't judge a book by it's cover!!”
Reviewed 20 July 2012

Loved the food here. When I saw it was in a shopping mall I was questioning it but when you walk in the atmosphere is nice, food is delicious and the waitress was good. I will be returning! This is a silly complaint but I thought the gyro was cut way too thick, other then that A+

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Vchica

Sea Bright, New Jersey
“Great little spot for Greek Food”
Reviewed 6 June 2012

I can not wait to try more dishes at this little gem. We have only been there for lunch a few times but typical items like Gyros and Greek Salad are fabulous!!! They have a great menu with Moussaka, whole fish and other yummy meals to temp your palate. Hopefully I can make it in this week for their soft shell crab special. If you want delicious food in this area but want to avoid over-crowded places like Pier Village you must try this spot. It is also conveniently located just doors away from my favorite Vingo store that has an enourmous selection of wine at very good prices!!

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank Karolyn W
Long Branch, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Greek”
Reviewed 23 October 2011

Nice atmosphere, boyb, and most important great food.

1 Thank Njbeachgirllb
Fort Myers, Florida
“one of my favorite places to go and eat”
Reviewed 12 August 2011

If you haven't tried this place, you are missing out. I go like once a month. Everyone I have ever taken there loves it. It is a very relaxing environment. I do like to go during the day when it is less busy. You can just hang out and eat like the greeks. Appetizers, more appetizers. Everything is delicious. I rarely get a full dinner because we filll up on the appetizers. The traditional dishes are great. The desserts are outstanding. Greek salad is wonderful. Service is always spot on. The owners are great people too. Best Greek around, trust me. Very reasonably priced.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank jetman123
Great Falls, Montana
“Amazing!”
Reviewed 13 March 2011

My husband and I frequent this restaurant often and have never, ever had a bad meal. The food is terrific and so is the service. One nice surprise is the cheesecake on the dessert menu. The chef bakes them himself (we asked) and you can tell: very fresh, very light, and very, very tasty. My husband almost always get one of the seafood dishes and I'm a vegetarian so I usually mix and match hot and cold appetizers and then get a Greek salad. It's BYOB, but there's a good liquor store just a few spaces over. This restaurant is a MILLION TIMES better than all of the "fancy" restaurants on the boardwalk. Niko's is a place that is a little gem in Long Branch.

• Visited March 2011