“Good food at a good value.”

Niko's Trapezi - a Greek Taverna
Ranked #24 of 131 Restaurants in Long Branch
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Ph. (732) 222-4600
“Good food at a good value.”
Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

My wife and I enjoyed this restaurant very much. We had the spicy feta dip, it was a huge portion and delicious. I enjoyed the spanakopita was well done, very flavorful and large. The moussaka was well prepared and my wife loved the souvlaki Plato and we only regret not saving room for desert.

• Visited August 2013

new jersey
“Amazing Fresh Seafood”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I ordered the octopus, fresh anchovies, whole roasted bronzino, all very fresh and and classically prepared. Also if you order whole fish you get the bones and all, I didn't mind because I'm super pro but my date had gripes about it. I also ordered the spanokopita and the flavor was good but seemed like they microwaved to heat up the phyllo was not crispy at all. Went on a friday night and was seated promptly for two.

• Visited July 2013
Long Branch, New Jersey
“The Best Greek Food!!!”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Located in Ursula Plaza on Ocean Blvd.Many, it is worth your while to find this wonderful Greek restaurant. Food is fresh, delicious, made to order. The owners take pride in preparing the freshest food with the best ingredients.

Visited June 2013
Red Bank, New Jersey, United States
“Bland and Tasteless”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I'm seriously not understanding all the positive reviews I'm reading here. I guess I'm either the odd one out or the owner has a lot of his friends and relatives writing great reviews of this place.

I took my family for dinner to celebrate my daughter's 19th birthday and was utterly disappointed. To start, the décor and atmosphere was plain and typical "strip mall". It was tidy enough but there was nothing impressive at all about the place. It could've been any diner or restaurant place except for the horrible music they had playing in the background.

But we came to experience "authentic" Greek cuisine. Unfortunately we were sorely disappointed here. To sum it up, this food could've been ANY type of food and it was just plain TASTLESS and BLAND. To start, we ordered 3 different appetizers for $7-9/each. For that price, the portions weren't very adequate but if they had been "appetitizing" it wouldn't have been a problem.

The fried cheese looked and tasted like flattened mozzarella sticks. The meatballs were utterly tasteless and in a red sauce that could've come out of a jar of Ragu. I'm a huge fan of hummus and this was the worst hummus I've ever eaten..no taste and resembled a runny liquid. EVERYTHING was totally without taste and so bland you had to wonder if they knew what spices were?

My son ordered the grilled chicken breast entree and it was razor thin, flat pieces of overcooked meat that resembled shoe leather. It all looked like everything had come from the frozen food section of the local supermarket.

My daughter and I were thinking of getting a more expensive entrée but based on the quality of the appetizers, we thought better of it and got sandwiches instead, which were actually decent.. The bread was fresh and soft, had plenty of meat and vegetables and the sauce was tasty. I'm glad I put some feta cheese on mine to spice it up a bit.

The "Greek style" french fries were good too. Ok, so the sandwiches and fries were good but I could've gotten those same sandwiches at any one of the many diners in the area that are Greek owned and operated or gone to nearby Pier Village.

The food was presented in a similarly bland and uninteresting manner.. Everything was just thrown on the plate. For $16 you should get more than a few flat, unappetizing pieces chicken thrown on plate without so much as a piece of lettuce or tomato next to it.

So for $70 plus tip we got an assortment of food that tasted like it was frozen and thawed out or was prepared out of a can or jar. We did get two good sandwiches and some fries, which is why I gave this a "poor" rating instead of "terrible".

Our waiter then tossed us the check while chatting on the phone without so much as a "Thank you, have a good day.", which pretty much ended our very unimpressive and unsatisfying meal. I pretty much got the attitude from the staff that they weren't all that eager to cook or serve good food.

That was my daughter's 19th birthday meal and needless to say, we won't be back. I'm just glad that my daughter and I opted for the $6 sandwiches instead of the $20 entrees. If I'd paid $40 more for that meal I would've been REALLY pissed off.

I'd say you'd be better off going to a Greek owned diner if you want good Greek food and it would be good for getting take out sandwiches and fries.

• Visited July 2013
NJ
“Stumbled upon a gem!”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We did not have plans to eat here but husband strolled down to look at menu while we were waiting for our name to be called at Amy's. He like the looks of the menu so we came back later for dinner. What a good choice that was! We were not terribly hungry so we each got a gyro sandwich and Greek fries we split. Over the past 25 yrs we've had Gyros from Greek-owned places in Wildwood, NJ, Reading Terminal in Philly, Florida and more. This was by far the best Gyro we've ever had! Everything tasted so fresh and homemade. The bread did not taste stamped out by a machine and shipped to the restaurant frozen. I'd bet anything it was made in the restaurant kitchen! Warm and soft with a little crisp from the grill I guess. The sauce was outstanding! Yum! The waitress was crazy-busy due to a co-worker not showing up (A frequent happening in the business we know!) and having to handle ALL of the customers (inside and out) solo!! But still we did not feel neglected in any way. Judging by our 1st experience and reviews here we will DEFINITELY be back when we come for the Haskell at Monmouth Park in the end of July. Looking forward to sampling more of the menu selections then!!

• Visited June 2013