“Fresh & simply prepared seafood”

Niko's Trapezi - a Greek Taverna
Ranked #16 of 137 Restaurants in Long Branch
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Ph. (732) 222-4600
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We were craving Greek food while at the beach, and this place hit the spot. The spicy feta and grape leaves were tasty and fresh appetizers. We had a broiled fish dish with octopus, calamari and shrimp, as well as a platter with fish, shrimp, and scallops in a tomato and pepper sauce over rice. Both were very good. We would return.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

After a day at the beach, we were looking for someplace nearby to eat. With 3 kids, 14 yr, 11 yr. & 4 yr., it's hard to find places that everyone likes. But we all found something on the menu. The portions were generous, the food was tasty, the service was quick, friendly and efficient and the prices were reasonable. Can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

This place is fantastic. Totally unassuming in a little strip mall on Ocean Blvd. the inside is cute but not fancy (and not trying to be), and with large pictures of Santorini on the walls. I've been here four times and always leave stuffed and happy.

The food is absolutely delicious. We usually start with some small dips and apps. The tsatsiki and babaganoush are very good. The moussaka is great, and I've tried a number of their fish specials (usually a sea bass or Bronzino grilled simply, or prepared with some veggies or tomatoes and olives - always perfectly cooked).

The food is very reasonably priced and the service is wonderful. And it is by far the best Greek food you'll find in the area.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

Because of the Saturday night parking situation and congestion at nearby Pier Village, we opted to eat Greek at Nikos, where there is a large parking lot. It was our first time there and we were impressed by the more extensive menu than what we were used to, especially the list of specials. As a plus, it is a BYO. Some good olives and bread were delivered as we perused the menu. Of our appetizers, the Greek sausage was a bit skimpy, and the skodalia, which I always order when I find it, was more like cold mashed potatoes. However the main courses made up for this. A red snapper dish was deemed quite good. My lamb shank in a lemon-spinach sauce was also very good, even though it was the last one in the house. Spanakopita ordered as a main was large enough to make a next day lunch for my wife, and the moussaka was a good version of this dish. We'll be back.

1  Thank gilamon
Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

My wife and I enjoyed this restaurant very much. We had the spicy feta dip, it was a huge portion and delicious. I enjoyed the spanakopita was well done, very flavorful and large. The moussaka was well prepared and my wife loved the souvlaki Plato and we only regret not saving room for desert.