“Nice place for lunch”

Stewart's Root Beer
Ranked #75 of 132 Restaurants in Long Branch
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Elmwood Park, New Jersey
“Nice place for lunch”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Went to Stewarts on Thursday for lunch with my daughter and husband. It was a beautiful day so we sat outside. The waitress came over to take our order very quickly and she was very pleasant. After walking around Pier Village looking for someplace to have lunch that wasn't going to break the bank we found this place to have very good prices. My husband and I had Philly Cheesesteak with fries and my daughter had a Turkey club with fries. Nothing fancy but the food was good and large enough portions. I would definitely eat there again.

• Visited August 2014

Amherst, Massachusetts, United States
“AWFUL”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Came here one night for dinner after spending the day on the beech. First off, it took about 10 minutes to get drinks on the table and when they finally came, the waitress did not bring spoons, sugar, or half & half for the coffee. When I asked for these items I received an attitude from the waitress. Next, the food was terrible. There was no meat on my cheese steak and it was not fresh. While eating I couldn't find the waitress to receive a refill for my drink and when I asked for sauce, it was thrown on the table. Also, all the other waitresses/hostesses were sitting down and not being attentive. I have worked in the restaurant industry and anywhere I worked this was a big no-no. Lastly, when I was leaving I decided to complain about the service because it was so abysmal. Instead of listening and trying to resolve the matter the women, who I thought was the manager, began to talk back and call me rude due to the way in which I was addressing this matter. I was appalled. Never go to this place. It is a fine example of how not to run an establishment.

• Visited August 2014
Cary, North Carolina
“Overpriced. Every thing a la carte”
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Overall, so much room fit improvement. Overpriced mediocre food. Can't recommend at all and won't be returning. Waitress Areanna saved this review. Her good service and pleasant attitude upgraded this rating from terrible to poor.

New York
“Insulting counter service”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My husband and I went to Stewart's for ice cream on Saturday afternoon. We sat at the counter rather than take it to go. For literally, eleven minutes, the waitresses walked by us (when we were already seated) without so much as a nod of acknowledgement or a "I'll be with you in a moment." All the waitresses appeared to be teenage girls who were more caught up with their own social circles than their customers.

When my order was FINALLY taken (which I prompted by saying "Im ready to order"), I was informed there were no bananas for the banana splits and the peanut butter syrup was in the back and they'd have to restock it. I could see through the kitchen window the waitress went to the back of the kitchen and put the syrup in the bottle without any gloves.

What made me truly regret going to this establishment was hearing the commentary by the waitresses about the customers in the store. "That family has been here two hours. Eat and leave. What the hell else do they want?" A nice older gentleman standing next to me began to order a soft serve cone and attempted to correct the waitress when she incorrectly dispensed the wrong ice cream flavor. She turned around while still serving the ice cream and he figured it was too late. He would take whatever she made. Two of the waitresses began to mock both the older man and his wife once they left, literally 2 feet away from me. Im not sure if they thought that I was young and would be okay with hearing their commentary but they were completely unprofessional and out of line. The unnecessary insults and banter was completely inappropriate.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank kstino
Morristown, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Almost got arrested because of manager!”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I write this with the utmost disgust for your establishment. I visited on saturday to enjoy a beer and a burger with my girlfriend and friends. However, I ended up being interrogated by the police for 20 minutes while they insisted my girlfriend was using a fake ID and threatened to arrest her. The waitress mentioned something about the restaurant being under watch by the ABC but this is no excuse for the way I was treated. After arguing with the police for 20 minutes and causing a scene they finally realized that they were incorrect it was indeed a real ID. I did not receive an apology by the police, a waitress, or the manager. The manager of this establishment should be ashamed of themselves. The service was terrible and the food was even worse.

• Visited July 2014