“There are day spas way better than this! Not a resort spa!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 14 things to do in Long Branch
East Brunswick, New Jersey
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 115 helpful votes
“There are day spas way better than this! Not a resort spa!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

My girlfriend and I booked 2 services each and was looking forward to the amenities of the spa.

If you're going to this spa for the amenities, don't even bother! The spa clearly has not had a facelift or renovations in at least 15 years. The steam room smelled like feet with green stuff (mold?) near the pipe that released steam, some of the pipes were exposed. The small spa jacuzzi (3 person limit) had so much chlorine, it hurt your nose and the seating was metal so getting in you had to be careful. The sauna was broken and dingy. Overall, the spa does not have the clean spa feel you expect a spa to have.

The services itself was ok, not bad not great but I don't think the price they charge of $135 for a 50 minute service plus the mandatory 20% gratuity they tack is completely overpriced for what you are getting!

To top it off, when it came to pay with an Ocean Palace gift card that was given to me, I was told it was invalid due to a bankruptcy ruling that was just finalized 2 weeks ago! I was not a happy camper considering when I booked 3 weeks earlier, I mentioned my gift card and gave them the number for validation and they confirmed it was good. All they can tell me is I'm sorry that was the previous owner, we can't do anything! Clearly the new owner does not care about getting new clients!

Thats the first and last time they're getting my money!

Visited April 2012
5 Thank Shari R

nyc
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 115 helpful votes
“A bit obnoxious!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

and also expensive! High priced spa services for average treatments. The treatment staff do their job both the other staff is quite questionable.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank pji
Middletown, New Jersey
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Nice hotel and spa”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2012

Right on the ocean, it's a great weekend (or weekday!) getaway!

Murrysville, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Good but PRICEY, and they automatically add a 20% gratuity!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2011

Had a massage, it was excellent. Facilities were nice and clean and tranquil. They had a spa, steam room and sauna. If you get a treatment you had unlimited access to the facility all day.

Visited August 2011
1 Thank prcamp
Brooklyn
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“An absolute rushed ripoff - never again - much, much better spas”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2011

This spa is a joke. I was suppose to have a 50 minute treatment that was not even 35 minutes. $150 later - including a 20% tip that is mandatory - I felt so ripped off. The woman behind the counter insisted that is the norm (in 20+ yrs of going to hotel spas, that's never been the case) I go to a lot of spas, and I've never felt so rushed. I had a body wrap that was only on me for 10 MINUTES. Seriously? I've had several of these at higher end spas than this. 10 minutes isn't even enough to sweat. Most are at least 25 minutes.
They were running behind and I was made to pay for it.
The girl who did my service was lovely, but she was late to get me, and even though I checked in 2 hrs earlier to sue the gym etc with my friends, no one ever asked me to fill out the form until it was well into my spa service time. Myself and three friends who have been here a few times decided never again.

Plus this place needs a serious makeover.

Visited April 2011