“Jersey shore treasure”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

We have enjoyed Tuzzios over the past 20 years and it has always been a delicious experience. The wait staff are great. They attend to your needs while letting you enjoy your meal with your family or friends.
Highly recommend tuzzios ...manga, manga.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

This is a regular when we are down at the beach near Long Branch. The prices are terrific, the portions are huge, and the taste is always wonderful. The salad for one feds 4 easily. Split the main courses, unless you are REALLY hungry.

It is off the beaten track, but worth the trouble to find it on Morris, off Broadway.

Hints to my followers:

Parties over 4 had BETTER make a reservation! Otherwise you will be sitting for a while.
The room in the back is good for privacy if you are bothered by the sports in the bar area, but you must make a reservation for a table back there. The place fills up quick.
The eggplant parmesan is EXCELLENT! Also, any pasta dish.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

Family of 5 goes to Tuzzio's on a very regular basis since moving back to NJ. The veal parm is the best I've had and I've had plenty. They cook it in a sauté dish which let's the sauce penetrate the veal which also helps make it tender...I guess. My wife and daughters love the bleu cheese house salad mix...they rave about it. The atmosphere is old school Italian. If you want to take a trip back to 1974...Tuzzio's is the place to be. I'd prefer great food and great atmosphere....but if I have to choose...I'll always choose the food! They really have something for everyone which for me is important since we have 3 kids....My son is very picky so he usually gets the steak sandwich or pizza....loves them both and he rarely says that about food. Pizza is thin crust and excellent. My wife usually gets the Veal and Eggplant....loves it. Only downside is the parking is a little tight in the lot but we seem to figure it out...parking when available on street too. Not the best neighborhood but the best restaurants are usually in the toughest parts of town.

1  Thank TomSheridan
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

Go for the food. Amazing bolognese, pizza, everything. Great local place and everything is clearly made to order.

1  Thank LacrosseMD
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Was looking for a low keyed place for an early dinner on July 4. Had not been here in years. What a treat. Started with a carafe of pino Grigio for the table ($25). For entrees veal scaloppine with mushrooms and capers over linguini, mussels marinara also over linguini. Potions sized enough for two meals each, hot bread, tasty salads. Service was attentive. (Water glasses kept filled, my gauge of good). The interior is a step back in time, a pleasant one!