“over-rated”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Jersey Shore, New Jersey
“over-rated”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

The food is good, and the view is nice, but for the long wait, and poor service , I think its not worth it. I like the side café area better than the testaurant, because you can enjoy the view with great coffee. I reccommend eating breakfast or lunch elsewhere, and going to the café for the views. There are diners around here with better omlets, and fresher salads.

• Visited September 2013

NJ
“Second try, not wowed.”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

During a beach day, my family and I stopped at Turning Point for lunch. We had tried it once before around the same time last year. On that trip, I had felt it was just okay, but I was willing to give it another shot. This time again, unfortunately, I wasn't thrilled. There was a wait, the service was fairly slow, things seemed chaotic (a similar experience to last time), and the food was alright. I have to say, overall, it's really just average. Next time we're in the area, I'd most likely try another restaurant.

• Visited July 2014
brooklyn, ny
“Turn around...not worth the wait”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We had lunch there a few weeks ago. People had recommended
this place. we went for lunch waited almost 30 minutes for a table then it took a while for the service. It was busy BUT...how long does it take to get a sandwich and a salad. Nothing to write home about here kids... I hear it is better for breakfast and the one in Westfield is better too...

• Visited August 2014
Long Branch, New Jersey
“Consistently good- no surprises”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

The food is always good and quality and service is consistent. Prepare to wait, especially in summer. Breakfast is better than lunch. It's probably the best breakfast in LB.

• Visited July 2014
New York City, New York
“Nice restaurant, nautical decor, gets very busy”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We had a late breakfast/brunch at Turning Point. We ordered basic eggs, potatoes and breakfast meat. The eggs were average but the potatoes were not seasoned at all and were cut in small cubes that were hard. We also had a chicken sandwich on wheat pita topped with melted cheeses. Very small amount of chicken covered in melted cheeses served with a good amount of mixed salad. The chicken sandwich not recommended but the salad was very good, fresh and crispy with tomatoes, red onions & other salad stuff. After the order was placed it took about 20 min to be served. No dinner is served. I would return to this restaurant. Its clean, well decorated, servers are friendly and willing to please the customer and prices are reasonable. I saw someone with a dish that look like Lobster eggs benedict. Looked yummy.

• Visited August 2014