“Great Bartender”

McLoone's Pier House
Reserve with OpenTable
McLoone's Pier House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 131 Restaurants in Long Branch
Cross street: Laird Street/Garfield Avenue
New Haven, Connecticut
“Great Bartender”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We had dinner across the street at SAWA and decided our night was over lol. Walked across to The Pier House Bar area for a few drinks. Joe the Bartender was very nice, we had a few great talks (make sure you talk to him about Crossfit, which he loves soooo much lol), and he made me a really delish amaretto sour! When in the are again will go back!

Visited May 2014

Edison, New Jersey
“Great Views and Atmosphere, Average Food”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I go here when certain local musicians perform. I have always found the service to be excellent. The atmosphere is great with a great ocean view. Great bar scene and I always enjoy the entertainment. The food isn't bad, but it is pricey, so I'm not sure the quality equals the price. The lobster bisque, however, is excellent.

This is a great place to go when meeting friends who want to hear some good local Jersey shore entertainment.

• Visited May 2014
new jersey
“Spectacular meets Mediocrity.”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

One of the nicest views I have ever seen is the Atlantic Ocean on a 75 degree night at sunset. If you are beach lover like I am it is better than Xanex. So what could be better than seafood on a sunny day at McCloones? . Embedded in yup head city (Pier Village) you can’t but feel this is going to be a special night. I have known of Tim McLoone since he played with the Atlantic Street Band at the Trade Winds in Sea Bright. He was a success then and has been a continued success. But Tim old buddy your chef’s have dropped the ball. The difference between a good meal and a great meal is not a lot of money. At $55.00 a head I was looking for great and I got mediocre .I had his comfort McLoone mashed potatoes and meatloaf. The meat loaf had the bland taste of a Taco bell that I had in the refrigerator for a week. Although it was wrapped in bacon it was flavorless .I could have made a better meatloaf using cat food and an old Taco Bell burrito .The butter you served as some type of gourmet treat was nothing .How about just serving a high quality butter. And how about small Semolina rolls instead of the loaves of tasteless carbohydrate that had no smell of freshness. Good quality bread has a wonder glorious smell. The mashed potatoes were just OK. The asparagus was just OK. If you go to McLoone’s expect a $55.00 bill for a drink, a meal and a shared dessert. The dinner glasses for water were too small and had to be refilled about 4 times during the evening. Not good when water is your drink of choice at dinner. Drinks were about $15.00 a drink. The dessert was excellent. My wife had the Snook which was OK. While I never sell myself as someone who could run a restaurant (I am not and would be a failure) I am someone who is always on an endless search for great food and good values. Tim, I am sorry to write, mediocre.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank keyasset
Atlanta, GA
“Come For the View, Not the Food”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

The location in Pier Village in Long Branch is excellent. We arrived for a client dinner around sunset and the scenery was fantastic.

We were seated promptly and given a great table at the windows overlooking the ocean. The view and the service we received over the course of the evening were the highlights of this restaurant.

The food was mediocre. Nothing bad, but many of the dishes were under seasoned. The portions were healthy, and the prices were ok, but you're definitely paying for the view.

The wine list is actually very reasonable, with some very decent selections in the $50-60 a bottle range.

Our server wasn't rushed, new the menu well, and took care of us the entire evening. On the whole, this is a great place to entertain people, just don't expect 5 star cuisine.

• Visited April 2014
Brick, New Jersey
“Great place for a special dinner”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We had our anniversary dinner here. Walked into a window table on the ocean. Very good service. Our seafood dinners were very good. A little light on the portions for the money. But the atmosphere in the bar area was very good. A beautiful day for an ocean side view.

• Visited April 2014