“Nice lunch on the shore - we will return”
Review of Avenue Le Club

Avenue Le Club
Reserve with OpenTable
Avenue Le Club is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 138 Restaurants in Long Branch
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Where the cotton blue sky meets the deep blue Atlantic Ocean along the Jersey Shore is an elegant haven called Avenue Le Club. By day, Avenue Le Club's relaxed elegance evokes the laid-back luxury of the Riviera, while providing members and their families with the most modern services and upscale amenities. While adults enjoy Avenue Le Club's natural outdoor amenities, kids can run, skip and play on the beach, collecting shells and building sand castles fit for a king crab. By night, Avenue Le Club is transformed into a sophisticated contemporary indoor-outdoor oasis where exotic cocktails, superb cuisine and open-air lounges provide a grown-up playground under the stars. Avenue Le Club's restaurant serve its patrons delicious French cuisine that is perfect for a romantic meal with a moderate price. All of our food is prepared with only the highest quality food, including several organic ingredients. Come visit Avenue Le Club for a perfect blend of the Parisian brasserie & the luxurious beaches of St. Tropez all here in Long Branch.
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Casual lunch at the shore on a Friday afternoon. Parking is hard to find and expensive, but that is expected. We 3 had decent service , excellent casual food ( lobster roll , cheeseburger , club sandwich and great fries ). Just what we wanted. For the same type meal , I'd certainly return.

1  Thank Rebeccah S

Reviewed 21 July 2014

When my friends and I heard that a DJ we're huge fans of, Mark Knight, was playing a beach venue in NJ we had to go. The set up on the beach just beyond Pier Village is so convenient. The staff are great. The lounge chair and cabana rentals are very reasonably priced. We didn't eat but did have a great bartender, Cheryl, who was very attentive. The sound system and crowd were great. What an awesome find, like a little bit of Miami in our backyard.

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Sunday at sunset and the restaurant was sizzling with music, ocean views and summer smells. Great venue for rest and relaxation.

We had the New York strip and Lobster supper. For dessert it was a luscious chocolate mousse and apple tart with rum ice cream. The service was great; we started outside but asked to be moved inside.

Great spot!

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Management is horribly rude and waitstaff incompetent. Used to be our "go to" place for Mothers Day. Will never go back there again.

2  Thank Kim P
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The Chef uses the terms, "accommodate", "I hope it was to your satisfaction", "go out of our way to comply with a request", "we do our best" and "we make exceptions. " These statements are hollow and wholly untrue. My wife and I dine out often - many times each week and have done so for many years. Our dining experiences include some of the best restaurants - nationally and internationally. Despite all of this experience, I can count on one hand the amount of times I actually asked that a dish be sent back to the kitchen.

Unfortunately, my experience at the Avenue, in Long Branch, New Jersey on Saturday evening will be remembered by our party of six as the night that I was served a cold and undercooked veal chop and that "The Chef" refused to cook it. I politely brought the issue to the waiters attention (who appeared to be very apologetic). He informed me that "The Chef" would not address the issue. The waiter suggested that I speak with the General Manager who promptly appeared at our table (also very apologetic). He too indicated that the uncooked veal chop could not be brought back to "The Chef." Just so there is no misunderstanding, the veal was cold and undercooked - it wasn't rare. Neither the waiter nor the General Manager pointed to any health or safety issue if they were to bring the meal back to "The Chef" for further preparation, nor did they express any health or safety concern for a customer consuming undercooked meat. The sole reason for not complying with what any rational person would believe to be a reasonable request was that "The Chef (Dominique) will not take it back." Thereafter, I asked to speak with you. Of course, unsurprisingly, he was unavailable. I can only imagine that if I were a food critic wishing to shower him with accolades, he would have sprinted to table 107.

Now, had I asked for a substitution or a request that would "interfere with the flow of service" their reluctance to accommodate would be somewhat understandable. However, a request to cook a piece of veal so that it is not served dangerously raw, is in my opinion, not something the staff should be afraid to request of the temperamental "Chef."

Allergies and illnesses such as Celiac Disease are very serious indeed - as are food borne illnesses contracted from eating undercooked meat. I can only hope that the meal was thrown away - which is truly a disgrace.

I will never return to the Avenue in Long Branch, New Jersey and will discourage others from "dining" there as well.

5  Thank James D