“Private beach and excellent service!”

Ocean Place Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Long Branch
Wyckoff, New Jersey
“Private beach and excellent service!”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We went for a couple of days and I couldn't be more pleased with this resort. Check in was prompt and we were able to check in sooner than usual. We booked an ocean front king with sofa and unfortunately they did not have that so Sergio the Office Supervisor upgraded us to an ocean suite! Thank you sooooo much!!! The room was beautifully decorated, very clean and modern. The staff is extremely attentive and make you feel very welcomed. You are welcomed with a smile and fresh fruit diffused water. The staff at the beach is always ready to set you up with towels, chairs and umbrella. The indoor pool was clean and very spa like and the outdoor pool was clean and had a great view of ocean with its own bar area. Great drinks at the Tike bar and plenty of lounge sofas to enjoy the views! Its a nice beach getaway that we can drive to and feel like we're on vacation.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Great location and easy to get to from NY. I having been coming every fourth of July for the last 5 years but now that it has been renovated I might need to go more often. The lobby is well done and inviting. The amenities are great with towels, chairs, & umbrellas for the beach as well as waitstaff bringing drinks and food right to your lounge chair. A truly relaxing experience even without using the spa.

I found the staff at the beach as well as the outdoor restaurant to be very friendly and professional.

This is a great place to go for a relaxing getaway.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
OceanPlace, General Manager at Ocean Place Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Thank you for your review, Faith! We're thrilled to hear that you'd like to visit us more frequently. While 4th of July is always a wonderful time to visit Long Branch, the area has so much to offer year round. Be sure to check our events calendar on our website for upcoming events in the area and join our email list to receive our specials, promotions and stay current on resort news. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

My flight to New Jersey was cancelled and the hotel did not charge me for the first night. It was packed with people the entire 4th of July weekend but the hotel staff had it under control. The beach was very clean and all services were great. One elevator wasn't working so sometimes there were long queues. Other than that, I would definitely come back!

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Jeannette D
OceanPlace, General Manager at Ocean Place Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thanks for your review, Jeannette. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! The 4th of July is one of the best times to visit us, as the City of Long Branch hosts Oceanfest directly outside the resort, followed by an incredible fireworks show from the beach behind the resort. As a guest of the resort, you get a front seat to the show!

Be sure to join our email list via our website to stay current on resort news, as well as receive special offers and promotions. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Fairfield, Connecticut
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I am just returning from my stay at Ocean Place over the 4th of July weekend. First let me state that it was definitely over priced for the inconveniences we had to deal with. I believe the front desk associates as well as the waitresses are in need of further training. Upon my arrival, I was given my room card keys that did not work. I had to go downstairs to the front lobby twice to reactivate the keys. Both times they keys would not open my room door. They sent security up to open the door which took about 20 minutes. I left my bags in the room, washed up and went to lunch. Upon my return, the keys did not work again, however, this time I hear people talking in my room. I knocked on the door to find out they gave some other family my same room. Security had taken my bags back to the lobby and I was left without a room until I wreaked havoc! At that point, they offered me two vouchers for complimentary drinks...which at that point I was in need of a drink or two! Luckily, I was given another room on the 8th floor with better view and location. However, the air condition did not work and the bathroom door did not close properly, but I dealt with it. Also, the resort is pet-friendly although the dog owners are not mindful of cleaning up after their pets. There was dog urine all over the entrance of the lobby! The food was buffet style and even though they provide a menu, the staff recommends not to order from the menu as there will be a long wait. Most of the waiters/waitresses are very friendly, but take too long to bring drinks and your check. Although, one of the waiters named Victor, was exceptionally attentive to our needs. One more on the negative....elevators were not working. It took us about a half hour before we were able to squeeze (with our suitcases) into one out of the three elevators that was functioning.

Pros: Beach is very nice and they provide towels, chairs and umbrella. The boardwalk leads you to great restaurants and little shops. Tiki bar (outside) provides great drinks and entertainment. Palm trees on the resort is definitely a nice touch!!

3 Thank Serenity28
Thank you for your feedback. It is our ongoing commitment to provide outstanding customer service consistently throughout the resort and offer our sincerest apologies that you experienced anything less. We will certainly use the points mentioned as training opportunities for our associates. We are happy to know that you enjoyed the beach and Tiki as well as the neighboring development of Pier Village. Thank you again for your feed back and we look forward to the opportunity to exceed your expectations.
Reviewed 4 July 2014

my family and I having been coming every summer since 2007 , yes,it was old and outdated but the location was beautiful and it is the only resort style hotel on the jersey shore. IN ADDITION to the amenities they always provided like towels, chairs, umbrellas,and wait staff at the pool & beach, now it is chic and swanky. The tiki bar is always fun and the live music on weekends is great. We spent two nights there and my daughters loved it and cannot wait to go back. we're from NY so this is a mini paradise for us , with palm trees and all. It is finally worth the $300+ per night charge. i highly reccommend it if you are looking for an upscale, relaxing getaway. no boardwalk, rides or any of that stuff. Pier village is full of nice restaurants and boutiques. The view from the promanade is breathtaking. only thing is there is a rude man, SERGIO at front desk, avoid him.

4 Thank Gabreyes
Bergenfield, United States
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We have frequented Ocean Place Resort & Spa since 2007 and we are not at all happy with the overpriced accomodations and poor food service. Our overnight stay was in early June 2014, and the breakfast buffet was not at all worth the price. The service was terrible and our server didn't understand anything we said to her. She also took over 15 minutes to get our beverages to our table and we had finished eating by the time they got to our table. She went one step too far, when she charged us $10 for two glasses of milk! Ocean Place has always been the only nice place to stay in Long Branch, but we will consider driving back home instead of staying next time. At least I can have hot coffee and any juice WITH my meal, not after. Also, my daughter can have as much milk as she wants. I can buy her two and a half gallons for what Ocean Place charges for two glasses!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Our room rate was $199 plus the resort fee so $211 during the off season while the whole lobby was under construction-- so overpriced! The rooms have been updated since last year, though, and they are much nicer than they were in May 2013. They redid the lobby space practically overnight - the new bar and restaurant are much more trendy looking with a lot of open space. Hotel is convenient to a shopping/restaurant village and is along the boardwalk.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Lauren S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Long Branch
Bungalow Hotel
Bungalow Hotel
#2 of 4 in Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#1 of 3 in West Long Branch
#1 of 6 in Asbury Park
Empress Hotel
Empress Hotel
#2 of 6 in Asbury Park

Been to Ocean Place Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!