“extremely convenient to the city”

Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lyndhurst
Richmond, Virginia
“extremely convenient to the city”
Reviewed 19 April 2011

Situated right next to the bus stop - it's the first stop after leaving the city, which is ideal when you're exhausted after a full day of sightseeing. It took us about 20 minutes to get in and out. This hotel isn't exactly wonderful, but it's a wonderful option if you just want a clean, comfortable place to stay outside of the city. You cannot beat the convenience. We would absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank restlessinrichmond
dheinlein, Manager at Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands, responded to this review, 27 April 2011
Thanks very much for your review restless, so glad you were able to enjoy the convenience of our location, hope to see you again soon!

Yours truly,

Michelle Giovanni, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Korean first
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 5 April 2011

Very cute, very clean. Excellent service, the employees were nice. Plus, it's only 10-15 minutes from Port Authority... We've always had hotels in Times Square before and realized that once you know how to travel from Times Square to the hotel... Well, let's just say that Times Square's hotels are just expensive and not really worth their price.

My only complaint: The breakfast included in our package was very poor on the first morning... So we decided to buy their buffet on the next morning and it was great!!!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank douceophelie
Dear douceophelie,

Thanks for taking the time to share your great comments – glad you enjoyed your stay!

Best,

maryland
Reviewed 27 February 2011

My family and I were going to see a show in NY, in December 2010, and needed a decent, reasonably priced hotel to stay in for 2 nights. I'm so glad that I chose this Courtyard. It was in a suitable location not too far from NYC, it was clean and the staff was very friendly. The rooms were standard Courtyard size with 2 double beds. There is a restaurant with a breakfast buffet, however, we chose to go elsewhere for our meals. I was trying to use their "business center", which consisted of one very, very slow computer, to check in/print out our boarding passes for our flights and the computer would not work properly. When I told ther person at the front desk, he was very helpful in trying to diagnose the computer problem. When he couldn't get it to work, he suggested that I come back a bit later after he talked with someone who was more savvy with computers. I came back an hour later and they still couldn't get the computer to work so they offered to let me use their computer at the front desk. The next morning, due to weather conditions, our flight got cancelled and the airline gave us the option to select another flight. The lady at the front desk was very kind in letting me use their computer once again because the other computer still would not work properly. I thought that was very nice of them even though they really should have another computer in the "business center". Check in/out process was very easy. There is a parking garage in the back of the hotel with a covered crosswalk to the hotel. During our stay, the hotel was not very busy so parking was easy. The only problem with the crosswalk is that it comes into the hotel on the 2nd floor (if I remember correctly) and some people can be very noisy. We were on the 6th floor and we didn't encounter any noise issues at all. We flew into LaGuardia (in NYC) and getting to the hotel was easy once we got out of the city. Getting back into the city was also simple. Make sure to leave in plenty of time though because of the city traffic issues. On our one trip out of the city, it took us more than an hour to get back to the hotel because of traffic, specifically, at the tunnel.

There is a restaurant directly across the street from the hotel and we ate there on the night that we arrived. The prices are a bit high but the amount of food is more than generous. (They make their portions for sharing.) They had the biggest cakes I have ever seen for a restaurant (see picture). There is also a nice restaurant not too far away called the Lyndhurst Diner. Portions and price are good and the food was really good too.

Overall, I would stay at this hotel again. Staff was great, rooms were clean, beds were comfy and the price was right. Not back for an extended weekend stay to enjoy both New Jersey and New York City.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
Thank you for your review beelacat! We’re so glad you and your family chose our hotel to spend your at and enjoyed the experience. I regret the situation with the computer in the business center, please accept my apologies. You’re definitely right about the food at Harold’s New York Deli and at the Diner, they’re a couple of our favorites! Come back and see us soon.

Best,

Lyndhurst, New Jersey, USA
Reviewed 20 February 2011

Everything was fantastic...the only aspect that really deserves bad service is Internet and the engineer response.

I get better dial-up speeds back home in India than the so called 'High Speed Internet" at this property, I agree it was intermitent but painful enough to hinder with my work.

The engineer couldnt do anyting about the slow speed and looks like I am not the only one who has experiences this..a few other reviews in the past also talk about bad internet connectivity.

It is surprising Marriot hasnt fixed this in 6 months....my past experience with Marriot is very unlike this. The hotel during my last stay actually replaced the Kitchen utensils to non-stick based on feedback within a week.

Internet connectivity is a must for Business travelers...either improve the current service or provide a paid option with gauranteed speeds.

I am writing this review while I am still at the property....hoping someone will pick this up in the next 2 weeks and address it. I am in no mood to change the hotel simply because there isnt anything else better than Marriot which is closer to where I will be working.

Thanks
Anand Agarwal

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
San Jose, California
Reviewed 27 January 2011

I was traveling for business and my husband came along too. We wanted to stay at the Renaissance Meadowlands Marriott across from this hotel in Rutherford, but that hotel did not have availability because of the big NY Giants game that weekend. When I was in NJ last on business, I had such a great experience at the Renaissance Marriott and expected the Courtyard to be different, but I did not expect a totally opposite experience. First, we arrived at the Courtyard at the very early end of the check-in period and were given a room at the end of the hallway that looked out onto a very unattractive site. I went back down and asked if we can have a room that had a better view and they were very accommodating. So far, I was having an okay experience. Well, when we arrived to our room; I noticed that the room did not have a clean and fresh feeling. Anyway, we unpacked a little, had dinner in the restaurant downstairs. The customer service in the restaurant was poor. There appeared to be some sort of "drama" going on and the waiter was busier chatting about the drama than waiting on us. We had to wait and wait for our salads, beverages, etc. I had to call him over from his conversation he was having with another hotel employee. We left dinner feeling terribly disappointed. We went back to the room and off to sleep we went. I got up around 3am to visit the restroom. When I went to the sink to wash my hands, there was bowel movement filled up to the top of the sink. I did not just do that....where did it come from? GROSS, GROSS, GROSS!!!! For a minute, I thought I was having a horrible dream; I began to yell and woke up my husband. We called the front desk and the said that we can move into a new room. I realized that I could not sleep there again. I got on my laptop and believe it or not, there was an opening across at the Renaissance at a discounted rate I might add and we were out. The ONLY thing the manager on duty offered us for our trouble was FREE buffet breakfast...WHAT?

The word on the street is that the owners refuse to do the necessary upkeep and that my experience was not the first and the pipes really need to be repaired.

To the Courtyard Management Team, fix your facility! Our room rate should have been refunded, which in turn, would have been refunded to the company that paid for my hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank GetawayGirl001
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed 2 January 2011

We are a family of 5 (kids aged 20, 19, & 16) and wanted to spend New Years Eve in Times Square. We drove from Burlington, Canada. We needed a place to sleep and eat breakfast in the morning. The parking is free, you do not need a car in New York City (I can't imagine who would want to drive there). It is very easy to get to the city; the bus picks up right outside the hotel. Buy a return ticket for $8.50 (adult) from the bus driver as the return buses will only take tickets not cash. Our hotel package included breakfast for 2 and we bought the buffet option for the other 3. The buffet breakfast is great, something for everyone can be found. We made ourselves a snack for later in the day. The first night we arrived at 8:00 pm and decided to skate at Rockefellar Ice Rink. We took our own skates and waited 1 hour to get on the ice. We skated from 10:30pm to midnight and on our way home, missed the last bus back to New Jersey. We went to the bus station next door, and found a bus that took us to New Jersey. We got back by 3:00 am. On New Years Eve there were MANY extra buses running and returning to New Jersey was no problem.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 22 September 2010

The best thing I found with this hotel was about their location. It is really calm & quiet.
The room and other facilities was fine. In fact, my plan to stay in this location about 3 nights, but unfortulately I had to vacate the hotel after the 1st night due to making the booking for 1 night only. They did not allowe me to stay more as they were over booked.
I did not see the pleasant or smiling faces while welcoming the guest over there. It was written in the room "Complimentary breakfast & internet connection". The internet connection was not working in the room, then I had to use my own Boingo wifi connection. Also I had to pay for the breakfast as understood from the waiters at restaurant that my room rate was NOT including the breakfast althought it was mentioned in the room. it is better to make sure about it while check-in.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lyndhurst
Renaissance Meadowlands Hotel
Hilton Meadowlands
Hilton Meadowlands
#4 of 5 in East Rutherford
Extended Stay America - Meadowlands - Rutherford
Homewood Suites by Hilton East Rutherford-Meadowlands
Hampton Inn Carlstadt-At The Meadowlands
Fairfield Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands

Been to Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands? Share your experiences!