“My First Good Stay Wasn't A Fluke”

Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lyndhurst
Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

This past Friday/Saturday was my second stay at this hotel. Once again, I don't have a single bad thing to say. My room was very nice and completely clean. The in-room Internet, which to me is an important amenity, worked fine and was easy to connect to. Dinner and breakfast at the hotel were both good. It turned out that I spent about as much for dinner (two drinks, an appetizer, and an entree each for two people) as I did for the room, but I think that's a reflection of the very fair room rate as opposed to unreasonable dining room prices. I wouldn't hesitate to recommended this property to anyone.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Greg P,
Thank you for your review and return visit with us at Courtyard Lyndhurst. It's fantastic to receive your compliments regarding our excellence in cleanliness, and I'm pleased to know our internet service met your satisfaction. We appreciate your feedback and recommendations of our great hotel. Please plan to visit us again soon.

Bret Esbrandt, General Manager

Reviewed 22 January 2014

1. I locked myself out of the room and the room service person would not let me in - which I appreciated because what if I weren't me
2. the hotel staff scraped all the snow off our cars this morning - crazy helpful
3. the water main broke and the staff was super communicative and informative and accommodating about what was available and it was really zero inconvenience.
4. mandarin oranges at the breakfast bar are nice.
5. an eastern facing room has a skyline view but pulls street traffic - it is a tradeoff
6. they put electrical bars in by the bed so my phone/alarm is right there - nice amenity
7. and .... I love Tom the bartender - so does everyone - he is completely reliable and consistent and kind. what will we do when he graduates??????

the renaissance is 3 times the price and not all that great. I can never get in anyway but I am not sure why I would want to

this hotel is a great value and very pleasant.

Room Tip: the even numbers are front facing and have an NYC skyline view but pull street noise. really doesn...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Bret E, General Manager at Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Thank you for the great feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Courtyard by Marriott in Lyndhurst, NJ.

It thrills my team and I when a valued guest such as yourself takes the time to break down specifics of a stay. From our safety and security policies ensuring we make you feel secure in your choice to stay with us. Our added service touch of cleaning off your car after the snow storm. All the way to recognizing Tom our rockstar bartender who is an asset to the success of the Courtyard. I thank you for all the great feedback.

The Courtyard team thanks you for giving us the opportunity to serve you and look forward to you visiting us again.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Crashed here for a night and was satisfied with the hotel and room. It is clean, and appears well taken care of. The room itself was more than what I expected with it's nice decor, empty mini fridge, and comfortable beds. I would recommend it if you are staying in the area.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank DohertyBK

Thank you for the great review of The Courtyard by Marriott in Lyndhurst.

My team and I thank you for taking the time to write such nice feedback about our hotel and accommodations.

We know you have many choices when traveling to the Lyndhurst area and thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

We heard about this hotel from a co-worker who grew up in the area and recommends it to family and friends visiting NYC as a low-cost alternative to the pricey hotels in Manhattan. It is on the NJ transit line, with a bus stop right in front of the hotel. You can get a non-stop bus to Port Authority and it only takes 20 minutes tops. Everyone who works here is very friendly and helpful, and we were thrilled with the service we received. The rooms are standard fare, but are clean and have mini-fridges. The breakfast buffet is quite extensive and a very good deal. The waitress even asked us if we would like to-go beverages after we were done eating. We encountered several other guests who had heard of this gem through word-of-mouth and all were very pleased. We would definitely stay here again when visiting NYC, and will recommend it to all of our family and friends!

1  Thank Cindy K
Bret E, General Manager at Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2013

Thank you for the great feedback regarding your stay at The Courtyard in Lyndhurst.

It makes me very happy when a guest recommends a hotel and it turns out to be the same, great stay for the person it was recommended too. My team and I are thrilled we met your needs and our hotel was convenient while travelling to the Lyndhurst area.

We hope to see you in the near future and thank you again for choosing us.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

My wife and I recently stayed overnight at the Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands and were very happy with the hotel. We arrived around 9:00 PM and checked out early on the way to an early morning appointment, so a restful night was needed and delivered.

From the check-in process, to the warm apple cider served in the lobby with chocolate chip cookies, to check out we were impressed.

We stayed on the 6th floor near the elevator, but you would never know since it was a very quiet hotel.

In the room, the bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was spacious and clean.

If there would be one complaint it would be the television. Similar to other hotels they had a flat screen HDTV, but the signal seemed analog which defeats the purpose of the nice TV.

All-in-all if I need to stay in North Jersey again, this hotel would be on the top of my list.

Thank you for the great review of The Courtyard by Marriott in Lyndhurst NJ

My team and I are very happy our hotel and services met your lodging needs. We appreciate the time you took to send a comment and look forward to serving you again soon.

Thank you for the opportunity.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

I’ve done a lot of business in north NJ over the years and have stayed in many old, tired hotels. It is refreshing to find a new, fresh property with very nice rooms and service, although it is a very Spartan, basic business hotel. I stayed here twice in the last six months. On the most recent trip, I noticed that the plumbing in both my room and adjacent rooms is unusually loud, and that room walls appear to be a bit thin. This is a nice new property but I may try something else next time in the area to find something a bit more quiet.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Bret E, General Manager at Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at The Courtyard in Lyndhurst, NJ.

My team and I love to hear from guests who have stayed with us several times. The feedback assists us in our mission to continuously improve. I am sorry about plumbing disturbance you experienced, given the opportunity we would be happy to relocate you to another room that may be more to your liking. My team and I are here to assist and ensure your stay is worry free.

Thank you for the opportunity you extended us, we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

This hotel is phenomenal! We stayed here November 24th, 2013. We went to the NY Giants, Dallas Cowboys game. We checked into the hotel and the front desk staff was very nice and courteous. We got there and found out they offered a shuttle to the game, and it worked out great. I feel kinda bad about not getting the name of the nice lady at the desk when we checked in but she was great! She should get a raise. Wonderful place to stay and the rooms were very very clean. If I ever travel to NJ we will for sure stay here. By the way GO COWBOYS!

1  Thank TammyLittleOne1977

Thank you for the great review of the Courtyard by Marriott in Lyndhurst NJ.

I am very happy our team and hotel met your needs while visiting Giant stadium. Our location makes us ideal for football fans from all over to stay in a convenient, friendly location.
Being from New Jersey I can not share your Cowboy enthusiasm, especially after beating us, however, I thank you and other Cowboy fan's for staying with us, we truly appreciate you and the feedback.

Thank you again!

Bret Esbrandt

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lyndhurst
Homewood Suites by Hilton East Rutherford-Meadowlands
2 mi away
Hampton Inn Carlstadt-At The Meadowlands
Fairfield Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands
Holiday Inn Express Meadowlands

Been to Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands? Share your experiences!