“First time there..”

and up
Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament in Lyndhurst, New Jersey
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Lyndhurst
More attraction details
Owner description: Journey through the mists of time and enter our realm. Leave your world behind and join us in a forgotten age of valor and chivalry. This day you are a royal guest of his majesty and all the pageantry of our ancient realm awaits you. Medieval games of skills and a display of the royal falconer's craft prepare you for the stirring tournament of Knights.
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

This was my first time there and it was an amazing experience. The food is awesome and the service outstanding. Even tho it is expensive to go I would recommend going to see a show.

1  Thank danakm201973

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I only visit this place when they offer good deals like, buy one/get one free tickets. I have seen both the regular dinner show & the early educational shows. The educational shows are great for schools, groups, etc.. I even learned a few things that I didn't know. The menu is tomato soup, garlic toast, 1/2 rotiserrie chicken, 1 bbq rib & half baked potato, apple turnover dessert, 2 rounds of soda. The food is good and remember, no utensils in medieval times. Be ready to lick your fingers. The show is good and remember to cheer your knight. It's really cute how when the knights win their challenges, they get flowers and throw them to the crowd in their section. Sorry ladies, it's usually the little girls who get them. It's a nice time with family, friends or significant other.

Tip: I have found that the food tastes best on the first show of the day rather than the later shows.

2  Thank N D
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I would say overall it was a fun time. We were a group of adults no kids that went. I would have to say it is more for kids then adults. But we still had a good time. We bought discount tickets on groupon for the show. I would say the drinks at the bar are way over priced but what are you going to do. The chicken was very tasty and so was the pastry.

1  Thank Wandering_Freee
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We went to Medieval Times in NJ on Saturday for the 4:30pm show. We had such a blast !! It was very entertaining and so much fun. Be prepared for a long wait though to see the show. They told us to arrive 75 min prior to showtime but the show didn't start until 4:50. We didn't have to wait long for the food. Once the king announced let the feast begin, the wenches started serving the food. It was such a great crowd of people. Young, old we all had a ball. I had a Groupon for half off the ticket price so I paid $30 instead of $61. I went with my son who is 13 and husband. We wore the paper crowns that they gave us (lets hear it for the Blue Knight !). The show was a full 2 hours and I can't stop raving about it. I highly recommend going. We were still wearing the crown at home (at least I was, I liked being queen). My son who has traveled on cruises, been to disney, universal studios etc raved about this and he does not rave about anything. He was watching so intently during the fight scenes. The good was really good. Came out piping hot. We had roasted chicken, tomato bisque soup, ribs, potatoes and apple turnover for desert - all with out hands, no utencils. I loved it ! Happy : )

1  Thank phoenixm46741
Reviewed 20 April 2014

The spring break was cut short due to snow days were used this past winter. So we decided to staycation. We ( 2 families with 3 kids ) went for the 6:00 Pm show and was lucky to get a parking space ( Free parking, surprise ! ) from the 3 pm crowd that coming out at 5 pm, else you may have to park at a office building next to the Castle. We waited about 35 mins inside the bar/gift shop area before going into the arena. There are no bad seats, so don't worry about getting there early. The show and foods ( You eat with your hands, or bring your own plastic utensils ) were pretty well said by previous reviewers. My only complaint is there are no photo opportunity with the Medieval sets or characters ( knights, king, Queens... etc ), except the one they charge you for it. Overall, we all had a great time.

3  Thank Castle88