“Travelers beware...”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Lyndhurst
Syracuse, NY, United States
“Travelers beware...”
Reviewed 12 November 2012

1st room that was given to us had a litter box smell as well as mold in the fridge, toilet broke when it was flushed, asked for another room, staff was not pleasant and didn't seem to want to make things right. We were given a second room, the smell was just as bad, the rugs felt wet & grimy, there was mold on the wooden bed frame as well as the dresser, the room was hot but the a/c didn't work. Staff was not the least concerned because we were unhappy. Had to cut our stay short because we couldn't bear the smell of the room as well as how we felt physically.

Room Tip: stay away from this hotel if you want to get sick from the mold infested rooms & because the st...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Melanie M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
birmingham
Reviewed 26 October 2012

room was a decent size, bathroom fine, breakfast area was poor and not very clean, had to stay here because I could not get an extra night at the nearby La Quinta which I found to be a better hotel. Would not go back if I had the choice but if I had to then it would be fine.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank winstongreen
Patterson, New York
Reviewed 24 August 2012

My hubby and I were only here for a night and we enjoyed our stay here overall, the room was clean, the bed was comfortable, the tv was nice, the room was spacious and the staff was helpful and nice.

Perfect for a nights stay off the highway or for going to Medieval Times just a walks away.

Room Tip: King size non-smoking is a must!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LadyCat1536
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Let's just start off with the name "Quality Inn" ? I question it.. I think they should change it to "Not so Quality Inn" The name of the hotel itself is just false advertising. When we first got to the hotel, we had to wait 30 minutes to be checked in. Even though we've had the reservations booked for a while. This was just the beginning.

When getting the keys to our room, the hallway was very hot. Going into the room was even worse!! The AC didn't even work! It lasted a whole 5 minutes before shutting itself off continuously. We called the front desk to ask someone to see what was wrong, so a maintenance worker came in to fix it. During the night the room was still very hot. When waking up we realized the AC had turned off! We called the front desk that evening and the incompetent front desk worker didn't know how to resolve the issue so he had to call the manager at her home. When speaking to the manager she blatantly called one of my family members rude for being a bit aggravated at the poor service quality.

After speaking to the manager they said we could switch rooms. But they would not compensate with us because we didn't report the issue.... we had called the front desk about the issue but apparently the reporting of the issue is some high tech procedure that they didn't notify us of.
The new rooms were not much better. I could not sleep all night because the bed was very uncomfortable. At least the AC worked. My other family friend also complained about there being ants in the room. Yuck!! The "Free Breakfast" if you could even call it that , consisted of some bread, some cereal and a wide selection of 4 different kind of drinks! I can see why it's free.

To add up on the staff problem, we also had an issue before the complaint about the AC. We had asked the front desk woman for directions to a Restaurant she claimed to have gone to frequently and highly praised it. When we followed the directions, it led us to a completely other location! The staff in general was just not looking for your best interest and didn't seem to care if you had a nice stay as long as we put money into their pockets. The gym wasn't available during our stay, and the pool isn't very sanitary. Seeing as how the water was green.

Honestly you get what you pay for (or even less) I had a good trip but again the Hotel could have been way better. The prices were mediocre at best and in the future to myself and others who have stayed here, I suggest the Courtyard? Across the street. The price is a bit more but why not pay more for a better nice stay and improve your stay in the city. Overall besides the service, the technical problems, the hotel condition, it was mediocre.

Signed - Angry Visitor(s)

Room Tip: Just don't go here.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank AngryUser

Travellers are raving about these Lyndhurst hotels

West Chester, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 July 2012

We stayed here with our 3 and 5 year old kids here about 2 weeks ago. It was only for one night but let me tell you it was the worst experience ever. We have stayed in hotels all over the US and Europe but this one takes the cake. The room could have been cleaner, very run down.
We got to the room about 11pm and just wanted to hit the bed. As soon as we fell asleep we gotton woken up by some heavy banging noise which startled me half to death. It was like metal pipes banging over my head, it was coming from the air condition exhaust. I tried to sleep through it but every 30 minutes it kept repeating. Finally decided to call front dest and of couse no answer. So my husband went down to the front dest at 2am and waited down there for 10 min. and of course no one was at the front desk. I tried calling the front dest every 10 min for one hour and finally got someone to answer. Long story short we had to change rooms at 3:30am in the middle of the night with the two little kids and woke up with a headache and not very well rested. When we tried to tell the front desk in the morning, there was no apology. Later on when I tried to reach the manager Denise Murray several times I kept being put through her voicemail.
On my 4th call I finally decided to leave a message for the manager to call me back, which I still have not heard back!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank betsy s
Canada
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Nothing to say except it is old and needs some cleaning. The pool and the A/C were welcome on that hot day. Price is good if you use the coupons you will find at the various welcome centers - reduction of $30 when we went there in June. Good thing; the price doesn't rise for the 4th of July.

Breakfast...bof...nothing fantastik but a reasonable choice.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank criquet
Hackensack, New Jersey
Reviewed 11 July 2012

Interesting Place and I love to go when the Curvesbbw dances are going on.. Love the pool and the worlds largest pickle bar at the Hotel Restaurant called Harold's!! The place can get confusing but you just have to remember your way around and look for landmarks around the place!! Also like that you can see your car from the window!

Room Tip: Room 112 has the fridge and microwave!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank DD1776
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lyndhurst
Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands
Extended Stay America - Meadowlands - Rutherford
Hilton Meadowlands
Hilton Meadowlands
#4 of 5 in East Rutherford
Homewood Suites by Hilton East Rutherford-Meadowlands
Holiday Inn Express Meadowlands
Red Roof PLUS+ Secaucus/Meadowlands

Been to Quality Inn Meadowlands? Share your experiences!