“Surprisingly Delicious!”

Ranked #23 of 68 Restaurants in Madison
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Italian, Pizza, Seafood
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I've been meaning to eat here for about a year, but was hesitant because of the mixed reviews I was hearing, especially from a person who has the same taste buds as me. One night my husband wanted to treat a few family members to a pizza dinner for my daughters birthday, but we wanted a restaurant-type atmosphere. I suggested we try Nicky's. We ordered Fried Calamari and Buffalo Wings for an appetizer, and they were both spectacular! Then, we ordered four different types of pizza - Grandma, Firehouse, White, and Margherita. My favorite was the White and Firehouse, and everyone else loved the Margherita and Firehouse. The service was professional and courteous. Definitely ignore the reviews and try this place out for yourself!

Reviewed 17 June 2013

Good pizza. Fresh ingredients, busy. I love the Grandma pie. It is one of my absolute favorites. Dining Room wait staff is uneven. It can be good, or really slow.

i usually take out or have my pizza delivered.

Reviewed 22 May 2013

I have eaten inside on several occasions and have had take out on many, many occasions. The best thing about Nickys is the consistency with the food I havent had one bad meal and the staff is always ready to assist you. The salads and pizzas are the best around.

Reviewed 8 January 2013

This place deserves a good review. Our family went for dinner last night, a Monday, and we weren't disappointed. The decor was cozy, lots of brick, warm and inviting. Our server was friendly and helpful. The owner greeted us and checked on us later. Prices were reasonable and portions ample, but not ridiculously mounded and spilling off the plate.

All 4 meals were very flavorful, well prepared and fresh. And a miracle occurred - my daughter's gluten-free pasta (a food allergy, not trendiness) was cooked to perfection! She has ordered it in a number of much-pricier restaurants and it's been either mushy or crunchy. Pizza was good, pasta dishes great, the seafood and sausage perfectly cooked. Just know this is a casual, homey, relaxed eatery, not the Ritz-Carlton, and you'll be happy!

Reviewed 28 May 2012

Warm, friendly service with good Italian food including pizza served at pleasant tables in a newly rennovated restaurant.Extremely inexpensive esp. if one brings small children; free parking behind and around Madison.

1  Thank 142Carol