“A Disappointment”

Yuki Hana Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 68 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Teaching a course at Drew University and searched on-line for a new restaurant.
This one came up with great reviews of its' authentic Japanese food --especially the Sushi.

Not wanting Sushi -- I went because I figured that the other food would be equally as good!
Wrong.
The service was great, the ambience was very average.
The food was not good. I ordered Chicken Teriyaki. The chicken was not real chicken!
I am not sure how it was cooked, but it was slathered in a sauce that was more like a glaze
than a Teriyaki sauce. The chicken-like substance was rather dry and hard.
I left most of it.
A big disappointment.

Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

The sushi restaurants in this area tend to be very pricey, but you're paying almost entirely for atmosphere. Now here's a place with a very friendly vibe, with very good sushi, and reasonable prices. Also, it's BYOB, and there's a liquor store a few stores down! We always have good food and good times at Yuki Hana.

Reviewed 2 May 2013

We look forward to dining here two or three times a month, usually for lunch. I always check out the special sushi roll board next to the sushi bar and have discovered some wonderful finds, sometimes keyed to the seasons, e.g., Valentine Roll. The menu is quite varied and offers tasty options if your party does not all appreciate sushi. Some of the entrées include miso soup and a fresh salad with a great ginger dressing, but I am pretty much on a roll-roll and they do not include the extras. I do have the bento box on occasion and found them to be the best in the area. We have found the service to be unobtrusive but very attuned to our needs.Yuki is less than half a block inside the same shopping area from a great liquor store with a nice selection of Sake and some Japanese beers. The are across the street from a Starbucks if you need a coffee fix afterwards.

Reviewed 8 May 2012

Yuki Hana is by far the best sushi in Madison.

The sushi is always fresh, the staff is always friendly and the atmosphere is relaxing. This is a byob which is always a plus.

The AKA roll is great as an appetizer. The raw oysters are always fresh and chilled perfectly. The clear soup is the best I've had anywhere.

Try the Incredible Roll...you won't want to share it...it's that good!

Reviewed 29 December 2011

I must admit I do not eat sea food or sushi, but I can comment on other elements on the menu. Yuki Hana has good Japanese food. Items ordered in Dec 2011: Miso soup, avocado sushi roll, vegetable tempura, steak teriyaki. White rice was wonderful.

Dining room is a bit dated, felt like it was put in place in the late 80s or early 90s with an attempt to keep it well.