“Drop in for diner specialities served with a smile!”
Review of Nautilus Diner

Nautilus Diner
Ranked #27 of 68 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 6 April 2014

This is one of our local diners. Here in NJ we hold diners up to high standards. The food here is very good, fresh and appealing. The diner standards (breakfast for dinner, sandwiches, burgers) can be tweaked when you order them to arrive just "like you like them". Their wait-staff is always friendly and accommodating. The prices are a little higher than some diners but the food is worth that. This diner does not have any liquor/wine license (which i have been finding at other places recently) but I don't miss that - i'm going to a diner for quick homey well made dinner/lunch (and sometimes breakfast). This place will be crowded at dinner time especially on the weekends.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

This diner is not the best in NJ but it is good, the service is fast and friendly and the food is good. This is a nice diner, not the best in NJ but that is a very high standard. I have been here for breakfast, lunch and diner, but most often for lunch.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Good food, accommodating, good service...where I meet folks for business or to catch up. Also good for breakfast.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

The typical diner food which was good, although I thought the prices were a bit high. Have eaten breakfast and lunch.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

I was at Nautilus this past weekend. I had split pea soup that was delicious very creamy, thick and perfect taste. I chose the chicken salad sandwich on a croissant for the first time. When I took the first bite and tasted it the chicken salad was very bland. I was upset and mentioned it to the waiter and he just took it off the tab. That was a big plus for the waiter not to argue with me on the entree.

I was disappointed about the sandwich not tasting good but the soup was very good. But I do give kudos to the waiter to not argue with me and the tab had no charge for that sandwich that I would have never had ate.

Therefore I would go back to Nautilus Diner. He got a nice tip too for not arguing and taking care of the matter asap.