“Great late night spot”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Stopped here late night to enjoy a quick meal. Ordered the happy waitress. Fantastic open faced grilled cheese. Buddy had the Ruben said it was very good. Recommended.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We met my sister here the other night after her 50th reunion at Drew U. She enjoyed getting together at the Nautilus and sitting in one of the window booths. My wife used to like the fried chicken basket here and was going to order it until she saw how much they raised the price for that item, way too much for fried chicken. My sister and I settled for the Classic Ruben’s (our usual) which turned out just okay. This is a nice diner and the staff is real friendly. It’s a good place to get together with friends or family, but we no longer expect great food from the Nautilus.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

On Saturday, May 31st, my husband, our children (ages 3 & 7) and myself stopped into the Nautilus for a late lunch/early diner. We live in the Far Northeast section of Philadelphia and had driven the near two hours to Madison so that I could move out of my Commuter Dorm at Drew University. It had been a long day, we were all hunger and there was no way the kids could survive a minute longer without chicken fingers (my 7 yo. was "starving!", lol). I had often heard people speak of the Nautilus on Campus but never had the opportunity to stop, this was our first time. When we arrived, there were patrons coming and going, several tables were filled and the Nautilus seemed like any diner; steady and busy but not crowded and mobbed. The décor was typical and we were seated at an ample corner booth near a window. Without asking our server immediately placed a large cup of crayons on the table and two activity matts; he also greeted our kids warmly, a real plus. After the usual pleasantries, I placed the meal order for my children while my husband and I looked over the menu. Our final order was two Children's Chicken Fingers and French Fries Combos (it came with Drinks), a Shrimp Basket with Fries for my husband and a Grilled Chicken Sandwich Deluxe with Fries for myself, my husband and I also ordered sodas. Everything on the menu seemed pricey; kids combos at $8.95! However, when the food arrived both quality and quantity trumped the price. Each kid platter had 4 rather large chicken fingers, crisp yet moist and tender, and a good sized portion of fries on the side. The shrimp basket was so large the bowl could have been used as a helmet! There was a substantial portion of fried shrimp atop a large portion of fries and a large cup of coleslaw on the side. The coleslaw was amazing: fresh, crisp, creamy (but not overwhelming), no celery seed and definitely gave my Grandmother's recipe a run for the money! Then my platter was placed in front of me and I nearly fell out of the booth. The roll was about 6" in diameter (honestly it looked like a personal pan pizza) and the piece of chicken was so large it was hanging over the edges! The chicken fillet was thin, about a 1/2" thick, but moist and flavourful. As a real plus, the lettuce, tomatoes and honey mustard sauce were all on the side, allowing me to add as much, or as little, as I wanted. Our server was attentive without hovering and responded to every request by my 7 yo to refill his soda. One other detail that I could not overlook was the attention to service. Once we placed our order our server returned with extra napkins, straws, and ketchup; we never had to ask. At no point did we ever feel rushed. When we finally finished he brought us containers for the kids platters and thanked us for coming. We paid the bill, left our tip and headed to the car highly impressed with one of the most amazing diner experiences we have ever had, Congrats Nautilus!

1  Thank Snoqueen313
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I visit this Diner often and have always had a great experience. The food selection is outstanding and the food itself is great. The staff is always friendly and the service is quick. You cant go wrong.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Everything NJ holds dear in a diner. A giant menu, friendly fast service, good quality reliable food.