“Good Value for the Money”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Mahwah
“Good Value for the Money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2011

Booked a one night stay while visiting friends in the area. I was quite pleased with the room we received. I would not exactly call it a suite, but it was large enough and quite functional. The staff we encountered were all quite polite and courteous. The hotel appears to be a very good shape and our room was modern, clean, and included all the amenities one would expect. The only negative about the room was the A/C. It would cool off the room quite nicely, but then inexplicably turn itself off for a long time before resuming. The room would become quite stuffy. We finally realized that if we were to keep the temperature at 60 degrees, it would stay on long enough to keep the room cool. Other than that we were quite happy with the hotel. The free breakfast included plenty of choices and check out was a breeze. I would definitely consider staying here again, the next time we are in the area.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2011

I would definitely come back for my next business trip

Pros:
-I think it is family owned, there is a definite family feel. The service was great. I was here for 1 week and they made me feel very comfortable.
-Complimentary bottled water all the time and cookies in the afternoon! The doubletree's sales pitch is a warm cookie during check-in and they really just give me 1! Here, at the comfort suites, they always have fresh baked cookies, smells great every time I come back from work.
-Room size. They are all suites, you get a full sized sofa/sitting area, fridge, microwave. It is very roomy.
-Bathroom is also a nice big size.
-Complimentary breakfast - make your own waffles, cereal, yogurt, fruit, sausage, etc.
-Free in-room wifi internet.

Cons:
-Air conditioner unit is very loud.
-Road activity is quite loud from room.
-Bed is very firm.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Middletown, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2011

Late one night/early morning after we were working at a different hotel party we decided to get a room for a few hours over here because it was cheaper then where we were deejaying a party. The guy who was at the front desk was asking questions to my husband about why the few hours stay and if he was alone. My husband said he was deejaying at a night club in a different hotel and had to wake up in about 4 hours to do an audio gig in 5 miles away. He asked if he was alone and said he had his wife with him. The guy at the front desk offered an extended 2 hours late check out for me to sleep in, relax and enjoy breakfast. The only problem I had was not getting coffee right away and the man in charge of the breakfast lounge told me he was in the middle of brewing it. It's a minor mistake but I work in trade show hospitality in New York City and that would not make the boss happy if I didn't have any regular coffee ready. Great hotel otherwise.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
New Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2011

Very pleasant and accommodating staff. Hotel property is very well maintained and rooms are nicely appointed and commodious with a very reasonable room rate. The a/c & heater unit was the standard single room unit which provided the usual sound of blowing air. Hot breakfast was standard, but generous.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2011

We began staying here when they had first opened. My son, a child actor, was in a show in New York and we needed a place to "live" for 3 months that was reasonable. The management and staff treated us like family whether I stayed or my husband was there with our son. Now that the show ended, we stay here for every overnight audition need and they still treat us like family. It has always been clean, quiet, with a great breakfast, and they are responsive to any need at any time of day or night. The beds are perfect, and the room provides the space needed with a microwave and fridge which saves on eating costs.

Room Tip: 1st floor rooms have very high ceilings
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
New Baltimore, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2011

the Comfort Suites in Mahwah NJ was new, modern, spacious, the cleanest suite I have ever been in. The staff were all gracious.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Washington DC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2011

For our one-night stop on a long drive, we selected this hotel based on its great TripAdvisor ratings (thanks to all previous posters for the big vote of confidence!) and its apparent proximity to the Garden State Parkway. On the plus side, the front desk staffers were very helpful and friendly, and the hotel was generally attractive, clean and well appointed. The mattress and pillows were very, very comfortable, too. On the minus side, there were a few problems -- no deal-breakers, but still problems: The location on the limited access state route made getting to and from the Parkway a little difficult. Our room, #228, was smaller than expected and a little cramped for two people. The primary towel rack was placed in the tub area (not behind the toilet, like we've seen other hotels), and it was an irritation to remove all the towels while we showered so as to keep them dry. One of the supposed fresh towels had a dark stain on it. Also, the housekeeping staff knocked twice at our door despite our posted "do not disturb sign" and approved late check-out.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple