“Pleasant Hotel Stay”

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Mahwah
Trumbull, Connecticut
“Pleasant Hotel Stay”
Reviewed 4 September 2012

We stayed here after a day at the NY Renaissance Faire. We were just looking for a place to rest instead of driving the hour and a half home but were pleasantly surprised when we walked into this hotel. The front lobby must have been recently renovated, it was clean and sleek and madea great first impression. Then Kester greeted us and was one of the friendliest front desk attendants I have ever met! He recommended the Mahwah Bar and Grill and we enjoyed it immensely. The room was also spacious and clean. The only 2 cons was the pool was SO SMALL! It was more of a small backyard pool than a hotel swimming pool. Besides that, seating was very limited in the pool area. The second complaint is that although the free breakfast was delicious with many options from egg sandwiches to make your own waffles, all the food stations were crowded into one little area. There was a huge line at the one microwave and one waffle maker.

And to end our stay, Kester offered us a 1pm checkout! This gave my kids a chance to enjoy the pool one last time before heading home.

Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank maisiemom
Nishant_Patel, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Mahwah, responded to this review, 20 October 2012
Thank you for choosing us for your stay after visiting the Renaissance Fair. We appreciate your kind words about our new hotel and we will share your experience with our front desk team member. Unfortunately it is sometimes difficult to predict the capacity at breakfast time and we are sorry that you must have visited the breakfast area when it was a busy morning. I am also sorry that you found that our pool is on the smaller side. We hope that all our other amenities was for your satisfaction and we look forward to welcome you back! Thank you for sharing your experience with us here among our Trip Advisor friends!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Reviewed 11 August 2012 via mobile

We usually stay somewhere on Rt 17 Paramus when visiting NJ relatives, but are glad we tried this new Fairfield. It was convenient to all that Rt 17 has to offer yet was out of the way of that crazy road. Was also quick to 287 which leads to our other North Jersey relatives. Hotel was well-appointed and clean. Roll-away bed was the most comfortable we've ever had. Breakfast was good & lobby area very pleasant for early morning. Fitness room standard but just fine. Mahwah is gorgeous--beautiful homes and scenic landscapes. This will be our new go-to place in the area!

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Mareandcrew
Nishant_Patel, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Mahwah, responded to this review, 14 August 2012
Thank you for your review of our hotel and taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor so others know what to expect from our hotel. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to assist with your next stay.
Chicago,IL
Reviewed 7 August 2012

I stayed here from 2 nights in July 2012. The rooms. hallways, stairs and elevators are clean, clean clean. I love to see a pristine bathroom in a hotel. The check in staff was very friendly and overall I enjoyed my stay here.

Wifi worked, good shower presssure, very comfortable beds.

My only complaint is that there is no Program Guide on the television.

Being able to walk over to the Mason Jar for dinner was a plus.

I would reccomend this hotel for anyone heading to the area.

Room Tip: Geta room with a view of the surrounding Ramapo hills, very relaxing and green.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Nishant_Patel, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Mahwah, responded to this review, 22 October 2012
Thank you for staying with us this summer. Unfortunately we had a gap of a couple of days when we had received the wrong TV guides and that's when you were staying with us. We hope we can welcome you back and that you will have another great stay with us in the near future. Thank you again!
West Mifflin, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I booked two suites at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Mahwah for our shopping spree to New York, and was extremely satisfied. I'm very particular when it comes to hotels and the cleanliness of the facility. when I walked in the hotel it was decorated in beautiful colors and the carpet was so clean and plush; this was definately a plus. The young lady at the front desk was very friendly and made our check in go smoothly. The suites were exceptionally clean and the bed was so comfortable. I always bring my cleaning supplies, but honestly I didn't need to use them. However,I did just because that's my normal routine. The staff were so courteous, anything we needed they got it for us immediately. My husband and I can't say enough; my son and niece were also elated with their suite. We couldn't believe how serene it was I almost didn't want to leave, I loved it! This hotel is definitely a winner & everything about it is was a pleasure. THUMBS UP TO THIS HOTEL..7/30/2012

FYI: Then continental breakfast was nice, however a bus load of tourist left us no food the second morning. Word of advice..Go Early like 7:30 a.m.
elated

Room Tip: Both rooms were suites:Room 218 King Suite & Room 219 two double beds w/walk-in shower
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for the very kind review and sharing your experience with our TripAdvisor friends. I will certainly share and applaud your comments with my staff.

We appreciate you staying with us. Please come again - soon!
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Wanted to stay at this hotel last year but it was not open last year in June. However when made our annual visit to Mahwah to visit a friend we were in luck!!! The location is great very easy to get back on the super highway we need to return to Philadelphia. Brand new hotel lovely furnishings front desk very helpful all the employees were very friendly the room decor is cheerful withe bright colors not only in rooms but in every part of the hotel!!!! Breakfast was good and everything was available cereal fruit toast breakfast sandwiches etc. Coffee was just okay but hotel coffee isnt always great. Really loved the bathroom black and white decor is always a favorite!!!! Will return next visit to Mawhaw!!!!!!

Room Tip: We had a room that faced the temple/church right next to the hotel very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Nishant_Patel, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Mahwah, responded to this review, 4 August 2012
Thank you for the very kind review and sharing your experience with our TripAdvisor friends. Thank you for the kind words about the hotel and Staff. I will certainly share the comments with my staff. We look forward to your next visit!

We appreciate your business and please let us know if there is anything we can do to assist you with your next Stay.
York, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 15 July 2012

This Fairfield was a great find, with very helpful and courteous staff and a very nice hotel. The room was very comfortable and the whole hotel was immaculately kept.
The nice complimentary breakfast was icing on the cake for our very reasonably priced one night stay.

Room Tip: Our room was a king and was very comfortable.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay with us here at Trip Advisor. We are very happy that you had a nice stay and we look forward to see you here again soon! We will of course share your nice review with the rest of our team. Thank you again!
Upstate New York
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Used this hotel for a short one night stayover between a one-day excursion into the City followed by a day visiting friends in New Jersey. The hotel completely satisfied our needs. Easy access to all relevant north Jersey highways. The hotel is brand new and very comfortable. Was given a very large suite which was much more space and furniture than needed. The staff was extraordinarily friendly at check-in qand check-out. My only complaint was that the breakfast fruit selection and coffee were lousy.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you for staying with us and for taking time to share your experience here with our Trip Advisor friends. Thank you for pointing out the breakfast items that were not to your satisfaction. We are very sorry for this and have now made sure that our breakfast will meet your expectations when we get to welcome you back.