“Wow!”

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Mahwah
Brooklyn, New York, Usa
“Wow!”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

This hotel is gorgeous! It is well kept, and very clean. The staff was friendly and courteous. The suite was exactly as I pictured it, based on the photos on-line. I loved that we were able to eat at a normal table, sit on normal chairs, lounge in a living room area and sleep in a separate bedroom.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Korean first
Londonderry, New Hampshire
Reviewed 3 March 2014

At 2:15 am, someone tried to get into my room. He had a key. The room phone was not working. When I finally reached the front desk by using my cell to call the hotel number, they told me it was a hotel employee. When I had asked the intruder "Who are you?" he yelled back at me "Where are you from?" I was able to push the door shut. He came back 2 more times. Next day, the manager said the hotel servers had gone down and my room was showing as empty. I wrote to Joe Berger, President of Hilton Worldwide for the Americas asking for an explanation. I have received no response. I will not stay at this hotel again. I will not stay at any Hilton again if their server can go down and result in someone entering my room in the middle of the night. This was absolutely frightening. No explanation from Hilton.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel. Not a Hilton.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank M R
Crystal D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Mahwah, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
I am in receipt of your review concerning your visit to our hotel. Comments from guests such as yourself help management identify issues they may have never known existed before.

In this situation I first would like to apologize to you for the disscomfort you encountered. In my years of service at this hotel I can honestly state that we have never had any form of security issues as it relates to what you encountered. In investigating this issue I have found that on the night in question we had had numerous reservations as well coincidental reservations of guests with the same last name as yours. Unfortunately the error occurred in that the names became bundled up and the mistake of which person with your same last name was in the room you occupied. I spoke with the employee who went to your room and unfortunately he did not hear any response when knocking at the door and when he did feel someone pushing the door he then realized it was occupied. I did mention to this person about calling first and he said he had attempted to but no answer thus his reasoning for coming up. You had indicated your phone was not working so that was the logical reason he didnt get an answer wjen he called.

In any case I assure you that our hotel as well as Hilton in general take guest security very seriously and we continuously are having internal training classes for our employees to ensure we are doing everything possible to protect and maintain the safety of our guests.

Once again my sincerest apologies to you and your family and assure you once again that this was an internal mistake and measures have been taken to ensure it does not reoccur.

Thanks for your time.
Ottawa
Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

Wife and I stayed over for 1 night on our way to NYC. It was a short stay, but we saw enough to see what a great hotel this was.

The rooms were very spacious with a separate bedroom from the main living area and a kitchenette as well. We weren't traveling with the kids for this rare occasion but those features definitely would have come in handy if we had been.

The hot breakfast buffet in the morning was excellent too!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my daughter and husband for a short weekend getaway. The hotel was clean and quiet. There is a train and bus close by that will take you into NYC (about an hour ride). The free breakfast was better than most of the other places we stayed at that offered free breakfast. The hotel has a small collection of DVDs you can borrow which was nice but the DVD player in our room was missing some wires and we had to call the staff to replace them. The woman at the desk came up and fixed it for us. The same woman was at the desk the next morning and gave us very good recommendations on things to do in the city and the best way to get there. Saved us tons of money!

• Stayed February 2014
Dingmans Ferry, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 February 2014

The suite accommodation w/kitchen is so much better than an ordinary hotel room and well worth a few dollars more. It's just off noisy Route 17, but up the hill in an office park and very quiet. Mario at Reception and other staff were friendly and welcoming. Second stay since we have family in the area and will definitely return.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

New York
Reviewed 2 February 2014

We stay here regularly to visit Sterling Forest, and it's always an enjoyable getaway. Check in is painless, the rooms are large, well-appointed and very clean, and there's a pool. I love the bed linen and million pillows. A very nice full breakfast is included. The kitchenette is great, and they do have in-room wifi. Definitely stay here if you are in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Exton, PA, United States
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel for business during a snow storm. It was really nice to have breakfast and dinner available rather than having to navigate through snowy roadways. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. I would definitely stay again and would not hesitate to try this hotel brand for personal travel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mahwah
Hampton Inn & Suites Mahwah
Fairfield Inn & Suites Mahwah
Crowne Plaza, Suffern
Crowne Plaza, Suffern
#1 of 2 in Suffern

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Mahwah? Share your experiences!