“Very nice out of the way location”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Mahwah
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Mahwah
Parrish, Florida
“Very nice out of the way location”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

The staff is very friendly and accommodating. Request early check in and they compiled without any problem. The room was comfortable and had all the necessities. Clean and bright. The breakfast was fine but nothing outstanding. They do offer a sort of dinner Mondays through Thursday and although we would usually go out for dinner we were totally exhausted from our trip so we actually ate at the hotel.
They had chicken wings, mash potatoes, salad, fruit drinks, wine and beer all included in the price of the room what else could ask for. All in all would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We had a room with windows not far from the pool so if you want to avoid any unwanted noise you want...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Homewood S, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Mahwah, responded to this review, 9 September 2014
Hello,

Thank you so much for your kind words about our property. It is wonderful for us to hear great things about your stay. It just makes our staff want to keep striving to have the guest satisfaction like your post .

Please consider us again for your next stay, also we would be more than happy, if in the summer months we could block your room ahead of time so you will not be disturbed by pool noise.

Regards,

Homewood Management Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Korean first
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My husband has decent experience with Homewood Suites, which is why we chose the chain. We arrived at the Homewood Suites in Mahwah after booking via Expedia. The check-in staff was friendly and helpful. Our rooms (2 br suite) was spacious and wonderful for our family.

However, we did notice a few things that seemed a little off about the stay. The first thing was a welcome letter - welcoming someone else. I called the front desk to be certain we were in the right place and learned that they moved the other person sometime during the day, but hadn't changed the letter. The furniture in the common room was worn - threadbare leather corners and edges of the sofa and stains on chairs. Some of the outlets were in disrepair. I plugged a night light in one and it squished into the wall. The tubs needed to be recaulked since there were cracks all around the top of the tub where it met the wall.

In the morning, we enjoyed the breakfast and then went out to the pool. Both were fine, although the chemicals in the pool seemed off little a bit.

Overall, it was an average stay. We had a good visit, but it didn't impress us like other Hilton/Homewood stays have. I'd say overall, it was average. It is better than other places I've stayed in the past, but not as good as other Homewoods.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank raquella46
Homewood S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Mahwah, responded to this review, 10 September 2014
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Comments from concerned guests such as your self help management identify issues they may have never known existed before.

At this time my sincerest apologies to you and your family as it related to the dissapoint ment you found as it related to the worn down furnishings , etc.. It is our true desire to ensure that every guest is 100% satisfied with their stay with us and I apologize that we were less than successful in this instance.

I am please to share with you that we are scheduled to do a complete renovation in 2015 and I know this will remedy the comments you mentioned.

Once again my apologies as well as Thank you for sharing the comments.

We look forward to servicing your needs in the immediate future.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 2 August 2014

My husband and I arrived from Canada around 12:30 am to Homewood Suites Mahwah (exhausted after a 9 hours drive). The check in was easy, however, once we stepped into the room the smooking smell was very heavy, and I can't stay in such heavy smell. We headed back to the front desk to explain that we reserved a non-smoking room. The front desk was polite and explained that this room was converted recently to a non-smooking room. This location was sold out so she couldn't find us another room !! She tried to find us a room in near by hotels but they were sold out too, and the only option she found was far. We ended up staying with distant relatives and knocking on their door at 1:30 am! Homewood suites has been always our preferred hotel but this experience was very inconvenient.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

1 Thank Yomna A
Homewood S, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Mahwah, responded to this review, 10 September 2014
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. It is our sincere goal to ensure every guest is completely satisfied with their stay and I apologize thaat we were less than successful in this venture. Unfortunately due to unaexpected guests not checking out at times we sometimes are unable to meet our future guests requests and in this case I apologize.

Thank you again for your feedback and look forward to servicing your needs in the future.
Alexandria, United States
Reviewed 31 July 2014

My family of five stayed one night. It is hard to find a hotel that fits all of us without tripping over everthing - this hotel was able to with no problem. We greatly enjoyed the free wifi. Complimentary breakfast was great the next day. The room was clean and quiet. The staff was very helpful and arranged for a roll away bed to be in the room before we checked in. I don't know if we'll be back that way, but if we are we'll try to stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Flemington, New Jersey
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights in July and loved it. I wished I could have stayed longer. Our room had a mini kitchen with stove top, full fridge/freezer, microwave & dish washer. Then there was a seating area with pull out couch, a separate bedroom with 2 double beds. Bathroom was nice too. I enjoyed my shower & the water pressure was great & temp stayed stable. The room was clean too.

Free breakfast was extremely nice with something for everyone & everything was fully stocked.... scrambled eggs, sausage, boiled eggs, yoghurts, bagels, cereals, waffle machine, cooked oatmeal, canned fruit, fresh bananas, cut up oranges, cottage cheese. 3 kinds of juices, hot chocolate, teas, coffee too. If you can't find something here then not sure where you could eat!

We used a conference room while there & staff were nice & quick to accommodate our needs.

Room Tip: Ground floor level (level 2) was very convenient for us.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Zephyrhills, Florida
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Predictably clean and well decorated. This property reinforces my confidence in Hilton worldwide. The suites have two double beds as well as a foldout couch. There were no sheets for the foldout couch; I called the front desk at 11 PM to obtain some but received no answer!
Overall this is a quiet place to stay right off of route 17. The breakfast is minimal but free. I would substitute fresh fruit for canned fruit; that would add a contemporary touch. The service at breakfast is friendly and attentive. I would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Have stayed at this hotel some times and know what I was getting. But this time it was worse than ever. First I got a room that had not been vacuumed for some time there was lots of dead bugs, and almost dead bugs. And there where dust behind all furniture, like somewhere you don't clean for a couple of years, but the bedside tables where standing a good 4 inch from the wall, easy fix if they bother to vacuum the floors at all. Called the front desk an told them there where bugs in my room. I got a new room in 5 minutes. When I got to this room it was equally dirty but no bugs. This time there where filth in every corner visible by just standing in the room. I inspected the bed for bedbugs and the room of other living things, found none so I did not bother to complain as I was tired and felt like there was no use.

This was my last stay at this hotel, there are many options in the area, even Hilton.

Stayed July 2014
Crystal D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Mahwah, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to advise the hotel management and staff of your issues while staying with us. I sincerely apologize for your dissatisfaction and can assure you we are just as dissapointed with the results of your stay as you are.

We strive continuously for our guests to truly enjoy their stay with us and I apologize that this did not occur when you stayed with us.

If you have an opportunity to email me the room numbers you encountered this would be quite helpful in that would allow me to determine if the cleanliness was an isolated issue t6o one particular Suite cleaner or not. I would also like to add that there were a few rooms that were having issues with " pill bugs" do to the humidity and moisture from the pool area but we have addressed those with a professional service and are pleased to say that that issue has been resolved.

Once again my sincerest apologies and if at your convenience you could email at david.strauss@dimdev.com with specific room numbers that would be truly appreciated.

Thank you for your time and consideration with this issue.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mahwah
Hampton Inn & Suites Mahwah
Fairfield Inn & Suites Mahwah
Crowne Plaza, Suffern
Crowne Plaza, Suffern
#1 of 2 in Suffern

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Mahwah? Share your experiences!