“Clean, quiet, and comfortable. EXCELLENT hotel!”
Review of Super 8 Mahwah

Super 8 Mahwah
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Mahwah
San Diego, CA
“Clean, quiet, and comfortable. EXCELLENT hotel!”
Reviewed 8 November 2008

I was hesitant to stay here due to the negative reviews. But I gave Super 8 Mahwah a try anyway, and was glad I did. Maybe previous guests had problems here when it was being remodeled. I had a terrific experience. No complaints. NONE.

This is a newly modeled hotel. New everything. Bedding, carpeting, furniture, TV, lamps, etc. The room was SPOTLESS. no scratches, dirt, blemishes, or imperfections. Bathroom was immaculate with new shower heads and tiles. If this hotel wasn't the cleanest one I've ever stayed at it was damn near close. If you weren't told it was remodeled you would think it was newly built and you were there for the grand opening.

I lived in this area for 33 years. While I don't live here anymore I visit frequently, and Super 8 Mahwah is tops on my list of places to stay. Excellent accomodations at an affordable price. What more can you ask???

• Liked — Location and cleanliness.
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Norfolk, va
Reviewed 21 August 2007

First, the front desk clerk must have been asleep in a back room because I rang the bell 4 or 5 times. The hotel is being remodeled so it was kinda messy. The room had a coffee maker, but no coffe pot. It was non-smoking room - but had an ashtray on top of the TV.

I forgot my digital camera, (Kodak EasyShare z730) in the room when we checked out. I contacted the hotel a couple hours later, to no surprise, no one turned it in, and the housekeeper Susan Mann, had already left for the day. I contacted everyone in management at the hotel, not because the camera was expensive, but because we had our entire family vacation on the memory card. The manager didn't even consider that her housekeeper would have stolen it. I wonder how many times this has happened there. I would not say anything if I was not 100% POSITIVE I left it in the room. I have filed a written complaint to the hotel.

I would never recomend this hotel.

• Liked — I could see my car incase someone was breaking into it.
  • Disliked — the people in housekeeping didn't turn in my camera when they found it.
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
2 Thank VacationWoman35

Travellers are raving about these Mahwah hotels

Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 February 2007

Another dog show weekend -- it's tough to find hotels that still take dogs (at least for under Westin rates <g>). The Super 8 was close to the show site but at $70 a night (with tax and the $10 'pet' fee which wasn't uniformly charged) it was ok.

The property is undergoing an exterior facelift...it needs it inside as well. My first night reservation for a n/s/ king was fine -- no complaints. My second reservation, a night later was for a n/s double which I'd confimed again when checking out on Friday am. Funny thing though, Saturday night when I arrived to take the room, they'd booked the room to someone else. I was livid...to put it mildly. When you book via triprewards, you have to cancel more than 24 hours in advance to avoid paying a 1 night penalty -- nice that the hotel can still do what it wants though. No doubles were available and it took some time, but we were able to secure 2 n/s queen rooms for the same amount of $$. This was acceptable, but really should have never happened.
The continental breakfast was meager -- cereals and english muffins when I checked. Not even OJ was available (though you could get some from the vending machine).

There is a DoubleTree next door -- if you're not traveling with pets and have a larger budget, I'd absolutely go there instead of the Super 8. You can usually get a great price via Priceline <g>

Stayed February 2007