“Like new - renovated and a complete turn-around from the past!”
Review of Courtyard Mahwah

Courtyard Mahwah
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Mahwah
Reviewed 5 January 2012

I rated this hotel previously, and I am happy to post a new reveiw with HAPPY results! A colleague mentioned the hotel had been completely refurbished to the 'new style' which Marriott is completing with most of thier locations nationwide.

I have to give kudos to Marriott. The revamps of thier chains are fantastic. This hotel was like a completely new place. Extremely clean and almost pristine with all the changes (from lobby to rooms).

I would urge the management to keep it looking great! I often see hotels slip so quickly after all the money is spent to make it new.....please keep it that way?!

Staff was also really great, not one of my usual concerns (as I rarely deal with the staff) but it was a nice bonus to have helpful & friendly staff upon arrival.

Room Tip: If road noise is an issue for you, ask for a room on the back side away from Hwy 17 (lots of trucks...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 29 December 2011

My family and I had the delight of staying at the Courtyard Marriot. The hotel was clean and comfortable! The lobby and rooms are decorated in beautiful colors.
The best part was the little bistro in the lobby! We had a delicious breakfast there in the morning! The staff was super friendly and helpful! The food was wonderful! No need to even go out to look for a place to eat! I highly recommend it to anyone in the area!
I will definitely be back!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 December 2011

Didn't stay overnight here, just swung by for breakfast. The hotel was newly redecorated and clean, the atmosphere was welcoming, and the food was tasty. But what really put the place over the top is the staff. From the friendly desk clerk greeting you on the way in to the ultra hospital bistro workers, the staff here will make you never want to leave. After a bowl of warm oatmeal (expertly presented with all the accompaniments) or a hearty plate of French toast (complemented by fresh fruit), you'll feel so content that you may just curl up on one of the cloud-like booth seats and sleep the day away - at least until the next meal. A+, Marriott!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 December 2011

Love the new renovations staff is unbelievable enjoyed my overall stay

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed 6 December 2011

We stayed at this hotel to be near Warwick NY for AppleFest in October. It is first rate. It's a category 2 hotel but I'm thinking because of the location. If located in some big tourist city it would #5, no doubt. The decor is beautiful. The service is above average and hey, it's a Courtyard so you know what you're getting. Don't miss the great indoor pool and hot tub. I had a most enjoyable time with my family (had three rooms: one for daughter's family and one for my niece's family).
Also important, it's near many good restaurants, e.g., Olive Garden and Long Horn steakhouse. Breakfast is included but if you want something more IHOP is nearby.
Needless to say, I recommend it. We're going back Christmas week just for R & R.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 November 2011

This Marriott is my "home away from home" while traveling on business. I stay here 50 or so nights per year. They recently underwent the Marriott renovation and it is drop dead gorgeous. Everything is neat, clean and new!! Staff treats you like family and takes the time to get to know the "little things" that mean a lot when you travel a lot. I've been with Marriott for almost 20 years and always travel enought to earn Gold or Platinum levels. I appreciate the difference between "good" and "great". They get it in Mahwah and I would never consider staying anywhere else when in the area. Right off I87/ I287 - every restaurant - mall - etc that you could want is within a few minutes drive from the hotel. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Let the staff know what's important to you. For me - I come to relax and want a quiet room on...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 November 2011

My stay an the Courtyard was excellent. The staff as well as the management are awesome. My family came up and visited me for the day while I worked, They where very impressed with the hotel and the staff too,

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mahwah
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Mahwah
Homewood Suites by Hilton Mahwah
Crowne Plaza, Suffern
Crowne Plaza, Suffern
#1 of 2 in Suffern

Been to Courtyard Mahwah? Share your experiences!