“market, renovation and staff”
Review of Courtyard Mahwah

Courtyard Mahwah
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Mahwah
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I recently booked this hotel for my wedding night. Many of our guests stayed there, as well as me and my beautiful bride! It had been a year or two since I last visited. The renovations looked great and the market was greatly improved. They now have a touch screen 70 inch TV (give or take a few inches) that you can get news updates upon arrival. Really cool feature! Most importantly, the staff went above and beyond to ensure all of our guests, and ourselves, had a great time. I believe the main front desk attendant was David. He was very attentive and really took good care of all of us.

Room Tip: Upper floors, courtyard view is really nice!!!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 12 April 2012

I've spent over 150 nights in the past 2 years in Mahwah. I'm a shopper and through priceline stayed here many times a couple of years ago. in the past month I have stayed here twice and when I came back a couple of weeks ago was just blown away. The property has been totally revitalized in the new Courtyard format. Terrific front desk service, nice lobby work and relaxation space and a spacious and casual dining set up. Rooms are up to date, clean and flat screens. The last time I was here the hotel was hosting a corporate function and the guests seemed to be having an enjoyable time. Form, Function, Friendliness. Very comfortable place to stay. Exercise room is adequate but could use an equipment upgrady and a bit more space. And stay in rooms not facing 17 for maximum quietness.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Terrible is not even a great enough word as to how terrible this place is. They adertise that they offer shuttle service, but when it came down to book it Im told it is not offered! They pthen provide me with their recomended car services which charge a fee to come in the area because they are not local. I was so feed up with these people that my maid of honor fought with them for the shuttle, which we paid for. Two shuttles were set up, one to pick up at 12 and then the same shuttle to come back and pick up the remaining guests. Well in the return if the shuttle, they pick up guest for the other wedding party. This is not realized until the driver is close to our hotel and has to tutn around. 2 hrs after the first set of guests were picked up the bride and groom finally picked up. TWO HOURS the bride and groom waited to be brought to this terrible hotel! And then the cherry on top... The bathroom light was broken and did not work, this being the only light of course. Thank godness our maid of honor and best man put candles in the room for us!

So the after math of this all, the hotel denies having done any wrong. If you need a hotel in this location, move on and find another!!

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank Caitlin B
Reviewed 14 March 2012

The hotel seems to be recently renovated and is an excellent value for rates they charge. The rooms are reasonably sized, very clean and with everything in a perfect working condition. The bistro in the lobby offers simple but very good food for breakfast and light dinner (but there are many other restaurants nearby). The only small minus (but not worth lower rating) is a lack of WiFi in hotel rooms (at least in my room there was not signal), but there is a WiFi in the lobby and wired internet with a decent speed in rooms. The staff is very nice, attentive and helpful. It is a good place to stay for shopping in Woodbury Commons (which is what we did) which is short drive (15 minutes or so) further north on I-87.
Overall ... highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ED5611
Reviewed 27 January 2012

I am a Platinum Marriot Member and was able to check in very early 11:30AM. Hotel is in a very covienient location. It is the new Courtyard design rooms are nice and lobby area where the the new restaurant/bar area are very nice. My only complaint is they do not offer any wireless internet in the rooms! This is 2012!! If you want wireless in the room and not just in the lobby you will need to stay at one of the many other hotels on RTE 17. Sorry Courtyard.

Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank luv2vacation
Reviewed 21 January 2012

Just stayed here for two nights and enjoyed the hotel. The staff were great and the remodel is very nice. I had a king room that had a very nice workstation, decent furniture and a small refrigerator. Only complaints were the mattress and toilet. The toilet had hard water stains in the bowl, but was clean. The mattress was a little soft and not a newer style mattress. Surprising considering the money they must have spent on this remodel. All in all, I will stay here again on my next trip to the area.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 8 January 2012

Stayed for a night. Very impressed with renovation and staff. The housekeeper an older Asian gentleman was really great, always said hello and was very kind to my daughter. Pool and spa was great, had breakfast and a night cap both were reasonable priced and good. Only complaint was at end of night we put our daughter to bed in the king bed, had some drinks on the couch. When we went to pull out the couch bed for her to switch her over there was no extra blankets, pillows or sheets on couch bed. We were to tired to care and let her sleep in the king with us....... Bad idea.. No sleep...... So if you stay make sure there are sheets!

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank Kirstinjoy1204
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mahwah
Hampton Inn & Suites Mahwah
Fairfield Inn & Suites Mahwah
Sheraton Mahwah Hotel
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Mahwah
Homewood Suites by Hilton Mahwah
Crowne Plaza, Suffern
Crowne Plaza, Suffern
#1 of 2 in Suffern

Been to Courtyard Mahwah? Share your experiences!