“Ah-may-zing”
Review of Courtyard Mahwah

Courtyard Mahwah
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Mahwah
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Traveling for business is never fun but when ever I'm in the area I always choose this hotel. I find the staff to be really friendly, outgoing, and helpful, the always know the best places in the area and their new bistro is not only convenient but is yummy. I've been staying here for years my room is always spotless. I'm loving the new Starbucks.

Room Tip: Any room is a GREAT room
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Jeaneane, General Manager at Courtyard Mahwah, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Our business travelers are very important to us and while we know it isn't always easy to be away from home, our staff tries to make all feel welcome and comfortable during their stay. It is great to hear we are doing well in keeping our guests happy. As for Starbucks, it is a popular draw to our Bistro, glad you are lovin' it.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

I have been frequenting this property for business for a few months now and have yet to be disappointed. The staff takes care of their guests and extends every possible courtesy when available. I have witnessed them perform services with friendly and impeccable professionalism. They go out of their way to make you feel at home. The hotel was renovated just a few years ago and the amenities are extremely comfortable. Without question, this is one of my preferred properties when I travel. I would definitely recommend this as a great place for leisure or business stays.

Room Tip: Rooms that do not face Rt. 17 are the best.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. I am happy that our staff was able to make the time you stay with us your home away from home, thats what we strive for.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

Had a great time at this hotel. I booked a guest room with king bed, was upgraded free of charge upon check in to a one-bedroom suite with king bed. No problem with the check-in/check-out staff. The bed was comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

To achieve excellence isn't easy. Our staff works hard to get there. It is great to hear when we make it.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

The hotel was suppose to charge me ahead of time but didn't charge me til FIVE days after I checked out. I booked it ahead of time because I had the money in the account but because they stated they would take it out I used the rest of the money to book the rest of my vacation. So FIVE days after I check out I get a charge on my account for the full amount. I contacted the hotel and accounting office and they responded then ignored my further emails. They stated I had insufficient funds when if they charge me when they were suppose to the money for the deposit and the room would be there. The money was there when I booked it. I don't believe it's my fault they didn't hold up their end of the bargain. Insulting me and ignoring me is NOT good customer service and I will NEVER stay at this hotel again. On top of that I have to wait 3-5 days for the gm of the hotel to contact me. Stay here if u want to be ripped off and ignored.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Achambers119
Jeaneane K, General Manager at Courtyard Mahwah, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Thank you very much for your candid review, please accept my sincere apologies for the experience you had with the billing portion of your stay. I appreciate your personal feedback and our hotel team will most certainly learn and grow from it. As you can see from the positive reviews that we have as well as our internal survey this billing experience on Advance Purchase reservations is not typical of the service that we strive to achieve and deliver. I welcome you to call me directly if you would like to discuss the billing of your reservation in more detail. I can be reached by calling the hotel at (201) 529-5200.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

I stayed for 2 weeks in June 2013. The STAFF made all the difference for me. First of all, I can get all my needs met 24 hours a day at this hotel...and I can get it with courtesy. It's not perfect...you can hear the highway and it's loud. But from the Courtyard, you can see mountains. Everything is CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN. And there are a family of ducks that live in the courtyard and are cared for by the exceptional staff here. The guests love them! I saw every kind of traveler during my stay...I sat in the lobby at all times of the day and night. The staff are accomodating. Whatever we wanted, they catered. Dave and the Manager Jeannette are exceptional people. Heather and Mark and Chris and Shiva who serve at The Bistro are all wonderful, professional, fun and caring people. Because of them, I will not even bother to look for any other place to stay when I travel to that are (which I will often to train at my headquarters). I LOVE THEM.

Room Tip: Get a room that faces the courtyard...you will not hear the traffic and get a better view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

To receive a stellar review and to know that all areas of service did their job and did it well, is what we strive for. To know that you had a lenghty stay and enjoyed it for the entire time, shows that we are working together to please our guests.Thank you for your feedback. I am so happy you enjoyed your time with us.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

Stayed at this Courtyard for one night while in the area. The hotel is newly renovated and is modern due to the updates. The room was very clean and was large enough for our one night stay. The hotel is located directly on rt.17 but the noise really wasn't a factor. The view isn't anything special if you look out onto rt. 17 so when we return we will ask for a room facing the courtyard instead. We received a very reasonable rate and this hotel will most likely be our choice when we return to the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Jeaneane, General Manager at Courtyard Mahwah, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Your complimentary review back in the summer was very much appreciated. We are happy to have been able to serve your needs. With the holidays approaching, if you are contemplating travel in the area we hope you will consider a return stay with us.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

Outlet shopping at Woodbury Commons was 15 minutes away.
NYC (Penn Station), was about 45-55 minutes by train. Putting you in the heart of everything. Hotel was very accommodating. A decent size pool was great to have fun after a hectic day with the kids...Jacuzzi was under renos. Very nice fresh cucumber water in the Lobby, a beautiful courtyard to hang out in and read or eat. And our favourite Starbucks coffee on-site. Clean rooms and our A/C worked as we were having a heatwave!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

We are so happy that our location's convenience to all served you well. It is a pleaure to know the little things mattered. Always good to know what works and how we can make a good stay great.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mahwah
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Mahwah
Homewood Suites by Hilton Mahwah
Crowne Plaza, Suffern
Crowne Plaza, Suffern
#1 of 2 in Suffern

Been to Courtyard Mahwah? Share your experiences!