Courtyard by Marriott Mahwah
US$151
US$134
US$169
US$149
Fairfield Inn & Suites Mahwah(Mahwah)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$126
US$117
US$117
US$105
All reviewsfront deskgas stationroom locationbusiness travelwoodbury commonsbusy highwaybed and pillowsone night stayfree weightscomfortable stayconvenient locationthe room was nicedefinitely stay here againnew yorkup to dateindoor poolhome away from home
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I booked a "ski" package here in January. The rate included 4 hot chocolates and a pizza from The Bistro. I was informed by the front desk to tell the employee at the Bistro that I had a package and what it included so I wouldn't be charged. I even went as far to show her the email print out, which she asked to keep, put our room number and last name (we had two rooms, one on points, one paid for). Well, what do you know, looking at the credit card statement this week, and we were charged for the pizza and hot chocolate that was supposed to be included. Frustrating.

Hotel itself was nice. Rooms adequate size. Pool warm, however, VERY slippery (seems to be the case with all Marriott branded hotels though).

We usually stay at another hotel nearby, but decided to try this out since we are Platinum members. Won't stay again to be honest after the billing error.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Jeaneane, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Mahwah, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Thank you for your valued feedback. I must apologize for any confusion or inconvenience that may have been caused to you. It is important to us that our guests receive the best possible experience that we can give. In your case, I would like to follow up to make assure that you received any appropriate credits due, as in the rare cases when there are any billing discrepancies we immediately resolve them. Please feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

So, I have been staying at the Courtyard for a few weeks and have been very impressed with the hotel and the amazing staff. This morning, I was blown away! We had snow (approx 6-8 inches). When I came out of the hotel this morning, ALL of the cars in the parking had their snow removed by hotel staff! WOW!!!! I have stayed in many hotels and this has NEVER happened to me. THANK YOU and thank you for such amazing customer service! Other hotels need to take lessons from you !!

Room Tip: Choose back side of building or inside courtyard to reduce highway noise.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Jeaneane, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Mahwah, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Thank you very much for complimentary review. While we can't always the climate outside we strive to make our guests comfortable during their stay with us particularly during times of inclement weather. Whenever possible our staff will go above and beyond to help make things better. Thanks again for the great feedback.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

This hotel is in a perfect location. The traveler has great access to the New York Thruway, Garden State Parkway and Rout 17.
The hotel is snuggled in an alcove of greenery and mountainside ambiance.
The property is very appealing. The lobby area is open with large windows that look out onto a beauitiful courtyard. The decor seems relatively new and is kept very well. There is a fireplace that adds a special touch to the "homey" and warm relaxed feeling. The rooms are spacious, very well maintained and the beds are very comfortable.
The Bistro serves Starbucks coffee and the food is excellent.
The staff is very professional, courteous and friendly. They always go above and beyond to assist in any way.
You feel welcome and special at this hotel.

Room Tip: The Mountainside or Courtyard View rooms are quiet and have a really nice view.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Jeaneane, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Mahwah, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Thank you for taking time to offer this complimentary review. It is always encouraging to receive recognition for doing our best to please our guests. We too think the property is a hidden treasure and strive to create a warm, inviting atmosphere and personable experience for each of our guests.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

The people working at this hotel is very friendly and is always around if you need any help. It is well maintained and has great bar service for late night drinks at their own bar. The breakfast was very good, but it only allowed 2 adults and 2 kids under 12 free breakfast that is staying in the same room. Overall, it was a great stay and I would go again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy you had a pleasant stay. It is our goal to make each guest feel welcomed and at home. I hope you will consider us again for another stay when visiting our area.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

Hotel staff was very courteous and helpful. In particular, the woman that helped me at the front desk, who's name was Annie. The room was well kept. I only stayed for one night so I did not use most the accomadations that are provided, however. Overall, a pleasant experience, if a bit pricey.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Jeaneane, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Mahwah, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

Thank you for taking time to give us feedback on your recent stay. We are happy that your experience with us was pleasant. Annie, like all of our associates, strive to give our guests the best customer service, we appreciate the compliment.