“Highly recommend”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Mahwah
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Mahwah
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Just finished a 10 day stay while recovering from surgery. Good location, great food but, most of all, incredible service. The staff treated me like family and went out of their way to help me during my stay. From the general manager, John Schorr, to housekeeping, the folks were wonderful. Mark, the front desk supervisor, mapped out my train route for me, and Wanda at the front desk arranged for me to store a suitcase while I was in the hospital. Julian went out of his way to help me with my suitcases. Most of all, chief engineer Jeff Alford was so kind in arranging for the shuttle to take me to my follow-up doctor appointments and to the post office to mail boxes that I couldn't carry.
Carolyn P.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Carolyn P
Jon S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Mahwah, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear Carolyn P, Thank you for the excellent review! I am thrilled to hear that we offered you "incredible" service. My team appreciates the kind words, especially the recognition for Mark, Wanda and Jeff! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Mahwah

Reviewed 8 May 2014

the Room Keys didn't work we we're promised free breakfast but they ended up charging us through the roof for breakfast. there is no hot tub when taking a shower, the water was cold. They were nasty at check out

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear "yaakovb571", Thank you for your review of the DoubleTree Mahwah. I am sorry that we fell short of your expectations as my team and I strive to offer our valued guests only the best that hospitality has to offer. We do hope you will return to the hotel in the future. Thank you.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

The Doubletree in Mahwah is the absolutely best - I stay in hotels all over the world and when I walk into this property it is like being home - The leadership and Staff are world-class in their commitment to customer satisfaction -

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Robert D, Thank you for the excellent review! We are glad that you think of us as "world-class" in our committment to customer service! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 7 May 2014

My church (Church at Bergen) has been renting the Bergen Room at the DoubleTree hotel for the past year for Sunday services. From the very beginning Jose Diaz, an employee at the DoubleTree, has gone above and beyond to accomodate us in any way. He is extremely friendly, helpful and has gone the extra mile to help us in so many ways. He is a joy to be around and we are so thankful to have met him. He even helps our setup crew bring heavy equipment out at 7am on Sunday mornings! We are extremely thankful for Jose. The hotel/restaurant are blessed to have him on staff!

Room Tip: Hopefully you will have the pleasure of meeting Jose Diaz!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Michael D, Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor review! My team and I are thrilled to hear that Jose has gone above and beyond to accommodate you and your group. We appreciate your business!

Reviewed 7 May 2014

After a long day on the road, it is so nice to walk into a hotel and be treated like royalty! From the minute I walked in, Mark greeted me with a big hello and was there to answer any and all questions. The room was great and the restaurant fabulous! That night and the next day every employee greeted me and even remembered that I was there to make a sales presentation and wished me good luck! In spite of it being in a busy area, it was also very quiet. Hope to stay again soon!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear "Isabela62", Thank you for the excellent review and positive words for the hotel team and in particular Mark! I am glad we treated you like "royalty"!!! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I stayed at this Doubletree with friends as we were in town for a wedding. I booked with Doubletree since I'd had mostly positive experiences in the past (though not with this location), and because I am an HHonors member. We accidentally missed the turn into the hotel on our way there, but there was plenty of parking when we arrived. Check in was efficient and the front desk was friendly. We did receive our cookies, so we were off to a good start. When we arrived on the HHonors floor I immediately noticed a somewhat musty/stuff smell. Not a huge deal, so we continued on into our room. The luggage stand was broken; again, not a huge deal. With three women getting ready for a wedding, we we were in need of an extra hair dryer. The front desk was able to provide this, though it took quite a while for them to locate it. Again, no big deal. We went out for a while, and on our return realized that there were only two bath towels for the three guests. We figured, "no big deal, we'll just call the desk" so we did so, requesting an extra bath towel. The receptionist was polite and said "of course" he'd said a towel up. That towel never came so a friend just used one of the two towels that had since dried. At 11:30pm we called the front desk again to tell them our toilet wasn't flushing properly. We only needed a plunger but apparently one couldn't be found. We were told that the maintenance staff had to be called in and it could take them 45 minutes to arrive. A little after 12:15am we wandered down to the front desk to see if maintenance was on its way and we were told that they were running a little behind. Okay, we get it, it sometimes happens. We did our best to stay up since we didn't want someone to get called in to work only to arrive to the hotel with us sleeping. By 1am, however, no one arrived so we fell asleep. As you can imagine, it was a bit of an annoyance to walk down to the lobby restrooms late at night and early in the morning. The next morning I spoke with the front desk person and asked if we could have the toilet looked at. I was told that the engineer was on a shuttle run and would return in 10 minutes. We left our room 20-30 minutes later; still no maintenance. We figured it'd be fixed while we were gone as we would be out from 8:45am - 3:00pm. Nope. To add to that, our rooms hadn't been cleaned yet either. Since we needed the room to prepare for the next part of the wedding we just decided to forego the room cleaning; we walked down the hall and housekeeping gave us new bath towels. We returned late that night and, unsurprisingly, still had toilet issues. We checked out and never plan to return. The hotel is in need of renovations but, more importantly, customer service requires serious improvement. If this had been my first experience at a DoubleTree I would never try the brand again. I've had much better service at Hampton Inns, Hilton Garden Inns, and even Comfort/Quality Inns.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Melissa T
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We had a great time, room was nice and we loved Boom Burger for dinner and the breakfast buffet! Our room was decorated nicely and it felt very private, we could not hear too much noise from the other rooms. We will definitely stay at this hotel again and recommend it to friends and family that will be in this area. Overall it was an excellent experience!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Jennifer M, Thank you for the excellent Trip Advisor review! I am so glad you enjoyed Boom Burger's dinner and the breakfast buffet and that your had an excellent experience with us! We look forward to seeing you again soon!