“Good business hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Mahwah
Kinderhook, New York
“Good business hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

Hotel is a little older but they have bee renovating the rooms. Indoor pool and fitness room are nice. Has an attached restaurant. Good breakfast. Night time mostly burgers but great place to watch a game, plenty of screens with multiple games always on. The staff here is the best part (except the cookie only kidding). The staff is always very friendly and accommodating. The room rate for twin double beds is very good and given my business travel budget the main reason I started staying here. Since however I have to say the staff is the main reason I keep coming back. If you are in Northern Bergen county for business this is a great choice.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Jon S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Mahwah, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear "LarryS17", Thank you for you recent Trip Advisor review! I truly enjoy your feedback whereby you stated "the staff here is the best part" and that we are "always very friendly and accommodating" as my team and I strive to offer the very best that hospitality has to offer! Thanks for your business, we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

we have used this hotel for at least 4yr-5yrs now they have upgraded it very nice inside the group of 57 of us all enjoyed it the restaurant as well as the rooms all had refridg. micro. and coffee makers flat screen tv's and bath rooms very nice. would stay there again location about 1 hr from New York City

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear "carl1881", Thank you so much for your recent Trip Advisor review! My team and I are very proud of our recent hotel renovations and appreciate your kind words. We look forward to seeing you and your group again next time.
Paterson, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

This Hotel is the best in the area for sure. The employees at this place makes it their business that you are having a great time and all your needs are met. They provide everything I asked for and more. The rooms are nice and clean and also provide a place where events can happen.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jovani T
Jon S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Mahwah, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear JovaniT, Thank you for the excellent review on Trip Advisor! I am glad to hear that the "employees at this place make it their business that you are having a great time and all your needs are met" as we strive to offer our valued guests only the finest that hospitality has to offer! We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Black Mountain, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Just finished a 10 day stay while recovering from surgery. Good location, great food but, most of all, incredible service. The staff treated me like family and went out of their way to help me during my stay. From the general manager, John Schorr, to housekeeping, the folks were wonderful. Mark, the front desk supervisor, mapped out my train route for me, and Wanda at the front desk arranged for me to store a suitcase while I was in the hospital. Julian went out of his way to help me with my suitcases. Most of all, chief engineer Jeff Alford was so kind in arranging for the shuttle to take me to my follow-up doctor appointments and to the post office to mail boxes that I couldn't carry.
Carolyn P.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Carolyn P
Dear Carolyn P, Thank you for the excellent review! I am thrilled to hear that we offered you "incredible" service. My team appreciates the kind words, especially the recognition for Mark, Wanda and Jeff! We look forward to seeing you again soon!
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

the Room Keys didn't work we we're promised free breakfast but they ended up charging us through the roof for breakfast. there is no hot tub when taking a shower, the water was cold. They were nasty at check out

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear "yaakovb571", Thank you for your review of the DoubleTree Mahwah. I am sorry that we fell short of your expectations as my team and I strive to offer our valued guests only the best that hospitality has to offer. We do hope you will return to the hotel in the future. Thank you.
Dover, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

The Doubletree in Mahwah is the absolutely best - I stay in hotels all over the world and when I walk into this property it is like being home - The leadership and Staff are world-class in their commitment to customer satisfaction -

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Robert D, Thank you for the excellent review! We are glad that you think of us as "world-class" in our committment to customer service! We look forward to seeing you again soon!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

My church (Church at Bergen) has been renting the Bergen Room at the DoubleTree hotel for the past year for Sunday services. From the very beginning Jose Diaz, an employee at the DoubleTree, has gone above and beyond to accomodate us in any way. He is extremely friendly, helpful and has gone the extra mile to help us in so many ways. He is a joy to be around and we are so thankful to have met him. He even helps our setup crew bring heavy equipment out at 7am on Sunday mornings! We are extremely thankful for Jose. The hotel/restaurant are blessed to have him on staff!

Room Tip: Hopefully you will have the pleasure of meeting Jose Diaz!