“Simply the Best”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Mahwah
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Mahwah
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I have used this hotel for meetings and catering venues, guest stays, etc. The entire staff is kind, considerate of your needs, and goes the extra mile as if it were second nature. Customer care seems to be a lost practice these days...others can learn from this hotel staff, they have harnessed quality customer care, hospitality and have genuine interest in providing a quality experience. I highly recommend staying at the DoubleTree in Mahwah.
-EMS

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Jon S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Mahwah, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Eileen S, Thank you for the excellent review on Trip Advisor! We love to hear that we go the extra mile and offer genuine hospitality!! Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

I am away from home more than 60 nights annually and will stay nowhere else when in the Mahwah area. John, Nassar, Jeff , Wanda, Mark, Austin and all the staff make you comfortable, welcome and feel like you are staying with family. If you bring an issue to their attention the address it. Thanks to the entire staff

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Robert O, Thanks for your recent Trip Advisor review! My team and I strive to offer the best that hospitality has to offer and appreciate the kind words for Nasser, Jeff, Wanda, Mark & Austin! Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 22 May 2014

This hotel is A little older than most that I have stayed in,However the upgrades that have done to it make a very comfortable place to stay.The Boom burger restaurant is a good place to watch a game and have a bite to eat. The food and service are excellent.The staff at the front desk are extremely accommodating. Nasser has taken care of most of my issues. I forgot a shirt he took matters into his own hands and saw that I got my shirt back(I think it was even cleaned). This hotel was a good choice for me.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Brian C, Thanks for your recent Trip Advisor review! It is so nice to hear that you had a comfortable stay with us and that the Front Desk staff and Boom Burger restaurant provide you with excellent service! Nasser is a true professional - I have to agree! Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 22 May 2014

We stay for the cookies but on a serious note Double Tree never disappoints! Touch notch for service, cleanliness and location. Rooms are spacious, clean and beds are comfortable, staff are helpful and go the extra mile to make sure your stay is enjoyable. (Best cookies too!)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Mary W, Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor review! My team of hospitality professionals and I are glad that we "never disappoint" and we appreciate your excellent review with regard to our top notch service, cleanliness and location! We look forward to seeing you again soon! Thanks again!

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I've stayed with the Doubletree in Mahwah for nearly 2.5 years on a weekly basis. The staff in this hotel would do anything for you and will assure you're well taken care of. As a business traveler it's good to find a place where the people care, treat you like family, and make your stay as comfortable as possible.

Special mention of the night manager, Nassir. This guy has been a rock star since the day I arrived. After two years I consider him a personal friend. It's all based on his professionalism, desire to help, and willingness to go the extra mile. Thank you Nassir! I truly appreciate you!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Jon S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Mahwah, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear "Ck In C", Thank you so much for the recent Trip Advisor review! It is excellent to hear that "the staff in this hotel would do anything for you and will assure you're well taken care of" as we strive to offer excellent service each and every day! We also appreciate the kind words for Nasser - he is truly an asset to the DoubleTree by Hilton Mahwah!! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at the Double Tree by Hilton Hotel in Mahwah, NJ. The chocolate chip cookies that we received after check in were right out of the oven! Delicious! The lobby was well kept, but once we got off the elevator to our 2nd floor room, I was having second thoughts on our selection of this hotel. It appeared as though this hotel was formerly some other brand of hotel, and Double Tree by Hilton bought it and attempted to revamp SOME of it. The carpets in the hallway were well worn. The doors to each room needed painting and were well worn too. I passed over a Kleenex in the hallway on the way to our room after check in, and the Kleenex was STILL there the next morning at checkout. Many rooms were also being cleaned when we arrived (at 4 p.m.). We were at the end of a hallway on the second floor, right next to the stairway. Our room had one painted accent wall and that was well done. The king size bed that we had was VERY comfortable! So, points for that! The bathroom was small, but workable. There was a nice, comfortable chair with ottoman in the room also. Other than that, not so good! The paint was peeling on the ledge above the air conditioning unit. The wallpaper on the walls (other than the accent wall) was peeling in several places, including in the bathroom. Not a good look at all. Very tacky and low budget looking. And, the noise from the kids running in the hallway was very loud. Doors must be very thin and don't come all the way to the bottom, because we could hear complete conversations coming from the hallway. Attached to the hotel is the restaurant Boom Burgers. EXCELLENT burgers!!!! We were very pleased with the dinner that we had that evening. I had heard that Double Tree hotels were very good, but I was disappointed in this particular one. There is no excuse for wallpaper to be peeling from the majority of walls in a hotel room (bathroom). This hotel could use some refurbishing! We will look for another hotel to stay in the next time we visit our relatives in Nyack, NY.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear "newyork145_9", I would like to thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor! We appreciate your feeback and do hope you will return to the DoubleTree by Hilton Mahwah.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Hotel is a little older but they have bee renovating the rooms. Indoor pool and fitness room are nice. Has an attached restaurant. Good breakfast. Night time mostly burgers but great place to watch a game, plenty of screens with multiple games always on. The staff here is the best part (except the cookie only kidding). The staff is always very friendly and accommodating. The room rate for twin double beds is very good and given my business travel budget the main reason I started staying here. Since however I have to say the staff is the main reason I keep coming back. If you are in Northern Bergen county for business this is a great choice.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear "LarryS17", Thank you for you recent Trip Advisor review! I truly enjoy your feedback whereby you stated "the staff here is the best part" and that we are "always very friendly and accommodating" as my team and I strive to offer the very best that hospitality has to offer! Thanks for your business, we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mahwah
Homewood Suites by Hilton Mahwah
#1 of 2 in Suffern
Courtyard Mahwah
Courtyard Mahwah
#4 of 8 in Mahwah

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Mahwah? Share your experiences!