“Great General Manager”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Mahwah
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Mahwah
Reviewed 1 June 2014

The staff were all very friendly. The affiliated restaurant, Boom was good. They have huge burgers of several different types. I also enjoyed fast service at the breakfast buffet. The General Manager followed up with me after my stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Jon S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Mahwah, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Linda H, Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor review!! We apreciate the kind words about the friendly staff! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

If you don't want to plug in more than one device, this is the hotel for you! Upon arrival we were greeted by very courteous staff. The rooms, however, just don't measure up. The room is damp, the air conditioning/ heating unit is outdated. You can feel the floor by the window is not level. I don't even want to guess why that is. There are few outlets for cell phones or other electronic devices. Whenever I attempted to plug in my cell phone, the cable turned off. Again, I don't want to know. When we asked to cancel our reservation to find more suitable accommodations for our family, we were told that we would be charged no matter what. The room and beds are small, the bathroom door nearly hits the toilet when you try to open it. However, this small, outdated room appears to be clean, and the extra pillows and towels we requested were in our room upon arrival. It's not all that bad, but it's not very good. PS: I say a silent prayer each time I enter the rickety elevators.

2  Thank heather525
Reviewed 30 May 2014

This is a nicely appointed hotel with friendly staff. The reason I rated the service average is because each time we went to the pool we had to request towels and even then we had to go and get them ourselves after being told they would bring them to us. Other than that, we had a wonderful stay here.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Krista B, Thank you for your Trip Advisor review. I am terribly sorry that we were unable to deliver pool towels in a timely manner, however my team and I are glad that you had a wonderful stay! Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

this was the perfect location for a wedding I was attending near by- the cost for a night was totally affordable and it was great they accommodated me for just the night without a two night minimum stay

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Lorraine V, Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor review! We are glad that we could be the "perfect location". We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

The rooms are clean and quiet. Staff is friendly. I would stay again. The restaurant has some of the best burgers and salads I've tasted! Would be nice if the burgers would come with a side option instead of separate charges (like a side salad or soup).

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Pamela R, We appreciate your recent Trip Advisor review! We stive to offer "clean and quiet accommodations" and appreciate the kind words! We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great staff with solid hotel. The staff and management were responsive to our needs and helped without question. I'd recommend this place to anyone looking for a solid value and quality service. My wife and I were both happy with our stay and the facilities.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear "skippy4218", Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor review! We appreciate the kind words about the Staff & Management team being so responsive! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

The front desk personnel is always exceptionally friendly and entertaining. I am staying long-term and I am delighted to know that the staff here is willing to work with me during my transition.

Wanda is always informative.

Mark is always tentative to guests requests.

Jay is always keeping guests with a smiling face.

Mr. Schorr is always inviting and wecolming.

Shequan Smith is always on top of his game and knows every guest by name. I can testify to that because I watched him work the room at the April Manager's Reception.

I would stay again and bring to stay in the future.

• Stayed: May 2014
Jon S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Mahwah, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear "DTTrip0569" , Thank you for your recent review of the DoubleTree Mahwah! I appreciate the feedback on my team - in particular Wanda, Mark, Jay and Shequan! We look forward to seeing you again soon! Thanks again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mahwah
Homewood Suites by Hilton Mahwah
Crowne Plaza, Suffern
Crowne Plaza, Suffern
#1 of 2 in Suffern
Fairfield Inn & Suites Mahwah

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Mahwah? Share your experiences!