“Great stay!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Mahwah
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Mahwah
Reviewed 5 June 2014

As a traveling mom with AAU, this hotel was a great deal. "Boom", the hotels restaurant was reasonable priced and all the staff were friendly and welcoming. The hotel was close to the highway which was also a plus. Fridge and microwave in the room is always a plus.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jessica D
Patrick E, Front Office Supervisor at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Mahwah, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Jessica D,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on your most recent stay with us! I am glad that you were able to take advantage of our BOOM burger resturant and was able to enjoy it! I am also glad to hear that our staff was "friendly and welcoming"! We hope to see you again very soon! Thank you again and have an excellent day!

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Our family was gathering for a funeral and coming in from around the country. We decided on the DoubleTree based on price and other reviews. I found the staff here to be extremely helpful. Somehow they arranged our rooms which were booked on separated floors to be closer to one another which made it much easier to gather together between viewings. They were extremely attentive to our needs, specifically Jules, Mark White and Wanda Kus. We didn't think ahead and made a more than few special, last minute requests that they quickly helped us. The restaurant was basic and really all that we needed.

Dear 170nancyy,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on your most recent stay with us! I am glad to hear that our staff was "extremely helpful" and "extremely attentive" to your needs! I will share your comments with my staff and especially acknowledge "Jules, Mark White and Wanda Kus"! Thank you again and have an excellent day!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

This is my second time in this part of New Jersey and I have stayed here both trips. The hotel is good staff is excellent. Only complaint is when you sit in the bathroom and the door is open your leg hits the door. Solved by closing the door.

Room Tip: Corner rooms can be both near laundry and elevator. (222)
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Ross P,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on your most recent stay with us! I am glad that our "staff is excellent" as we try to serve nothing but the best customer service! We hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

The staff were all very friendly. The affiliated restaurant, Boom was good. They have huge burgers of several different types. I also enjoyed fast service at the breakfast buffet. The General Manager followed up with me after my stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Jon S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Mahwah, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Linda H, Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor review!! We apreciate the kind words about the friendly staff! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

If you don't want to plug in more than one device, this is the hotel for you! Upon arrival we were greeted by very courteous staff. The rooms, however, just don't measure up. The room is damp, the air conditioning/ heating unit is outdated. You can feel the floor by the window is not level. I don't even want to guess why that is. There are few outlets for cell phones or other electronic devices. Whenever I attempted to plug in my cell phone, the cable turned off. Again, I don't want to know. When we asked to cancel our reservation to find more suitable accommodations for our family, we were told that we would be charged no matter what. The room and beds are small, the bathroom door nearly hits the toilet when you try to open it. However, this small, outdated room appears to be clean, and the extra pillows and towels we requested were in our room upon arrival. It's not all that bad, but it's not very good. PS: I say a silent prayer each time I enter the rickety elevators.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank heather525
Reviewed 30 May 2014

This is a nicely appointed hotel with friendly staff. The reason I rated the service average is because each time we went to the pool we had to request towels and even then we had to go and get them ourselves after being told they would bring them to us. Other than that, we had a wonderful stay here.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Krista B, Thank you for your Trip Advisor review. I am terribly sorry that we were unable to deliver pool towels in a timely manner, however my team and I are glad that you had a wonderful stay! Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

this was the perfect location for a wedding I was attending near by- the cost for a night was totally affordable and it was great they accommodated me for just the night without a two night minimum stay

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Lorraine V, Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor review! We are glad that we could be the "perfect location". We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mahwah
Homewood Suites by Hilton Mahwah
#1 of 2 in Suffern
Courtyard Mahwah
Courtyard Mahwah
#4 of 8 in Mahwah

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Mahwah? Share your experiences!