DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Mahwah
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsboom burgercookiesdouble treefront deskattached restaurantnew jerseythe king size bedpleasant experiencerooms are cleanmahwah njplenty of parkingindoor poolbusiness tripup to dateconvenient locationmonajennifer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Well, First I'd like to say that I'm not a fan of filling out surveys or writing reviews and that's mostly because of the continuos disappointment at numerous Hotels. I've stayed at Top of the line Hotels for quite a while and it's extremely frustrating when you consider yourself to be a valued guest and instead you're treated like a stranger and price gouged. Anyways, I just want to thank The Double Tree in Mahwah NJ for treating me like King Farook with exceptional service, courtesy, professionalism, and I don't know what southern hospitality is, but this has to be close to it. Pat , the front office supervisor You're the man! I really appreciate you making my stay so comfortable and your effort to make sure it stayed that way. Thank you Double Tree Mahwah and staff

Room Tip: The Best! Premium! High Octane! See above!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Jon S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Mahwah, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Dick R, Even though you are not a fan of filling out surveys, we appreciate you completing a review on Trip Advisor!! I am glad that my team treated you like a king and I agree that Pat is the man! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

This is by far one of the best hotel rooms that I have stayed lately. The hotel is very modern and the beds are super comfortable. My husband and I stayed in a suite with sort-of a living room and a bedroom. This was for a wedding we attended at the Ramsey Country Club. We had two flat screens TV, mini refrigerator, microwave, coffee machine, etc. I was very impressed, as the facilities are impeccably clean and the staff was very courteous. The only reason why I am not giving this hotel 5 stars is because every time we asked the personnel questions about the wedding we were attending, they didn't seem to know, even though the bride and groom were guests in the hotel and had rented a block of rooms for parents, family and wedding party. The day of the wedding the consensus was the same: nice hotel but the personnel did not provide any reliable information about the event (shuttle, goodie bags, etc.). The Event Planner should keep the front desk informed on details as well as any last minute changes.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FANNYJACQUELINE

Dear "FANNYJACQUELINE", Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor review! I am so happy that you appreciated the "impeccably clean" hotel as well as my courteous staff! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

The staff are very friendly and helpful. Particularly helpful are Emily and Wendy at the desk, and Simone on Housekeeping. The rooms are clean. Avoid the restaurant for all meals except breakfast. The Wi-Fi can be very erratic on weekends.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank James S
Jon S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Mahwah, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear James S, Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor review. Thank you for recognizing Emily, Wanda and Simone for their excellent service! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I'd like to make a special mention of Nasser Esawy who went above and beyond to get me in during a sold out night.
On the flip side quality of the breakfast offerings was rather poor. Nonetheless, Rolando (server at breakfast) was extremely friendly.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Ilan M
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Great hotel and a great location. Wish the restaurant was a little more diverse. Only serving burgers really limits your choices. Overall the food was good, and the beer selection was great. We only had one issue when the cleaning crew forgot to leave bath towels and I had to use hand towels after a shower. Manager quickly addressed the issue and all was well.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple