“I wish I stayed longer. It was wonderful” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Mahwah

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Mahwah
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Mahwah
“I wish I stayed longer. It was wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

This hotel was amazing! As promised, they gave us cookies when we walked in, and when we walked by a couple times the guy behind the front desk asked us if we would like some more. The pool was beautiful and quiet. It was just us swimming. They also has music playing in the pool room (which by the way has retractable windows that go back when you want to enjoy the sun), and there was a dial to adjust how loud you wanted to play the music. The staff was super friendly. The guy at the front desk is the nicest person you will ever meet, and even all the staff at the "Boomburger" (the hotel inside the restaurant) were really friendly. Upon arrival, we were told that we were the guests of the day, so they gave us a bag with snacks and water inside, two more cookies, free breakfast vouchers for the Boomburger, and a code for free wifi that lasted the length of our stay. The buffet style breakfast at the Boomburger was delicious, and so was the dinner I ate there. The rooms were even better than they look in the picture, and they even came equipped with a full ironing board and iron stored away in the closet. The beds were so comfortable as well. The free soaps and conditioners they gave you were lemon scented and from Crabtree & Evelynn! I would definitely recommend this hotel, you will love your stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jon S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Mahwah, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear heidi p, Thank you so much for the excellent Trip Advisor from your recent stay with us at the DoubleTree Mahwah! The fact that your stay with us was "amazing" tells us that we are doing what we do best! Thank you for acknowledging my "super friendly" staff and I am glad you enjoyed our DoubleTree cookie!! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

I stayed at the Double Tree in Mahwah two weeks ago and highly recommend this property. In addition to the fun bar/restaurant on site, the rooms were clean and the staff was very friendly. In particular, Emily W. was especially helpful at checkout. I was visiting the area for an interview and she was very efficient in updating my reservation to the corporate rate and also provided fantastic directions (to include traffic info and lunch options) before my appointment. I highly recommend this Hilton, thanks everyone for the hospitality, especially Emily!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank rob_lewis78
Jon S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Mahwah, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear rob_lewis78, Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor review of your stay at the DoubleTree Mahwah! I must agree that Emily is an asset to my team! We look forward to seeing you again soon!
San Diego, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

This hotel reminds me of the luxury Woodcliff Lake Hilton, but is more convenient for going to and from your car with bags. It is a more casual hotel that is right on 17 but backs to wooded areas with a stone wall around the parking lot creating a resort feel (for being conveniently right on the highway. ) The decor is always near brand new looking and feeling. Staff goes out of way to make your stay comfortable and are extremely helpful. Having stayed there several times over the years, I have gotten to know a few of them in my dealings, and the office/desk folks even have helped me with my laptop problems. I also like that there are not large noisy crowded group functions there filling the lobby and the smaller scale size...feels like a home, while visiting relatives in northern N.J. The price through booking services is super cheap for the luxury and convenience you get.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Robert P, What an excellent review - thank you so much! My team and I are thrilled to receive such excellent feedback from our guests! We look forward to seeing you again soon! Thanks again!
Mahwah, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

I am overall pleased with my visit. In a beautiful location, made use of the pool, very nice breakfast, amazing bed and service. Was my first visit at a DoubleTree, will not be my last. Also, the cookie didn’t hurt!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Nicole P, Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor review - we are thrilled to hear that you had such an excellent stay with us and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

We come to the area to visit family every July 4. We have stayed at this hotel almost every time. The staff and guests are courteous. We have two small children who sleeps thorough out the day and we haven't encounter any noise problem that couldn't be dealt with. I strongly recommend this hotel to anyone, even for family with kids. The staff at the restaurant is also very nice. You can go there and get apple juice with out going on Rt 17.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Mike C, Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor! We are so thrilled that your 4th of July plans include the DoubleTree Mahwah each year! We look forward to seeing you again next July...if not sooner.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

It was for a major convention at MetLife Stadium in E. Rutherford, NJ. I give this hotel four stars. Booked a room with a relative but traveled together with another family in their van. Another couple with another family followed us on another vehicle, meaning that a total of eleven souls came in two vehicles to book rooms at Doubleby in Mahwah. I hope to come back soon.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear "192Luisp" Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor review and for the excellent feedback! We hope to see you again soon!!
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Stayed here over the past weekend to do some shopping at the Woodbury outlets with my wife. I've stayed at probably 40+ hilton brand hotels, and this hotel I feel is the worst Hilton brand hotel i've stayed at. 10 minutes before I'm even acknowledged at the check in. 20 minutes to check in. Room was not ready yet, even though it was 5 pm, 2 hours past the 3 pm check in time. Pay for internet service. Really? Found a kleenex in the bed, makes us wonder if the bed was even changed before our arrival. Extremely disappointing in every aspect.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mhalfpen
Jon S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Mahwah, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear mhalfpen, I would like to thank you for your recent Trip Advisor review, however I am sorry that my team and I were not able to deliver our normal excellent service and accommodations. I do apologize for the delay in checking in as well as the other challenges you faced. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you would like to discuss further at jon.schorr@hilton.com. Thank you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mahwah
Homewood Suites by Hilton Mahwah
Fairfield Inn & Suites Mahwah
Crowne Plaza, Suffern
Crowne Plaza, Suffern
#1 of 2 in Suffern

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Mahwah? Share your experiences!