“Third stay...will be back!”

Sheraton Mahwah Hotel
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Mahwah
“Third stay...will be back!”
Reviewed 14 January 2013

Every year for the past 3 years we have booked as part of their New Years Package and again we were not disappointed. Clean and good location. Comfortable beds and nice space. In general a good hotel. Parking is right there, food is pretty good, and short ride from NYC and major NJ locations/highways. Thanks for another good stay!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank emstraveler349
Christine C, Manager at Sheraton Mahwah Hotel, responded to this review, 3 February 2013
Emstraveler349,

We're so happy you enjoy your New Years Eve with us. I'm sure you noticed we changed the location of our cocktail hour and it was such a positive change we'll be doing it again next year. We hope to see you celebrating 2014!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Korean first
Ridgewood, New Jersey
Reviewed 13 January 2013 via mobile

Booked a overnight stay, live locally but it's winter and wanted to get away for the night. Pool was warm, hot tub great. Rooms very clean and nice. Was going to go out for dinner but we stayed in and ate at the restaurant. Food was fine, bartender makes a great Cosmo. Total union staff though in restaurant, seated and it took forever and a day for a so called "Joe" to finally find us. We were frustrated and went to the bar bought drinks and brought them to the table. There were only 3 tables in restaurant.....if it was not for Kathy? The host we would have never gotten anything. She was amazing ( blonde hair pony tail). Again food was great.....we always tip well, just wish the service was better, or that the servers were there because they wanted to make money......I guess they make it with or without tips.

Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
New Jersey
Reviewed 10 January 2013

We went to the Sheraton Hotel's New Year's Eve Gala on 12/31/12. We were greeted with champagne and strawberries. Our room was immaculate. Very clean, and the bathroom was in great condition. The beds and pillows were comfortable and the noise level was very good as well.
The cocktail hour was very good, lots of variety. Dinner was filet mignon and lobster, which was good. There was a live band, and also casino games. It was a great time!
The next morning, we ate brunch which was also included in our total price. I would definitely stay there again!

Regina, Canada
Reviewed 27 December 2012

Checked in and was greeted pleasantly by the front desk staff. I had booked two beds but was very cordially accommodated in a king size bed on the same floor-great service.

The dinner was great and personable, breakfast was good but could have choices with a Chef for eggs to order, and overall the service was great.

Nice room and the free parking was an added amenity.

Room Tip: High floor room has a good view of the skyline on a clear day.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Christine C, Manager at Sheraton Mahwah Hotel, responded to this review, 7 January 2013
Thanking you for taking the time to write a kind review regarding your most recent stay. We appreciate your business and hope you will return soon.

Christine C.
Albany, New York
Reviewed 24 December 2012

The Sheraton Mahwah is a gem. It has many things in its favor...very nice views of the mountains, plenty of parking, clean rooms, heated indoor pool & Jacuzzi, nice location near shopping and many restaurants, I've stayed there on 3 occasions. The bedding and beds are great. The showers and bathroom are clean and functional, nothing exotic but serviceable.

We recently stayed there on a Saturday and after attending a friends christmas party we were very happy to discover that their disco was open (just Saturday nights). There was no cover for guests ($5 for non-guests). The disco had people of all ages (I'm 60+) just dancing and having a good time.

The only areas needing improvement are the driveway needs to be repaved and it would be nice if the internet was free.

If you want to get a great rate for this hotel go onto Priceline, 'Name Your Own Price' and select 3.5 Stars in Mahwah - Ramsey - Allendale area. The Sheraton is the only 3.5 stars in that area. I've been able to consistently get rooms for $80 + Tax + fee = ± $100.

Bring your bathing suit. Shopping at the Woodbury Commons Outlet is about 15 miles north and there's lots and lots of shopping a few miles south on Route 17. There are many reataurants in the area including a couple of classic 24 hr Diners.

Room Tip: Get a room on upper floors facing West towards the mountains.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 20 December 2012

I booked this hotel for 1 night. I was scared due to the other reviews, but this place was FANTASTIC! I travel alot and I will return to the Sheraton Mahwah.

The front desk was great! As soon as I approached the desk, the clerks greeted me with a warm smile & made me feel like I was home. The room I recieved was beautiful! The bed was comfortable and the view was spectacular.

I had dinner at the restaurant and I was not impressed. Actually I think it was a little expensive and the food had no taste (very blah). Went to the restaurant the following morning. The hostess was not inviting and it seemed like I was intrupting whatever she was doing. I really like the gentleman who made my omelette, they made it the way I wanted it. GREAT TOUCH! I would definately stay there again!

Please dont let other reviews scare you away from this place. Try it out for yourself. What a gem in the middle of nowhere!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Vancouver
Reviewed 6 December 2012

This place is a total dump. Do not let the outsdie of the building fool you. Filthy rooms, cockroaches, etc.
The service at the front desk and restaurant is a joke. They simply do not care.
Teh bartender at the bar outside the resto is very nice and sweet. She may be the only one who actually cares..
wireless sucks and is very expensive...
The car service outsdie are jerks.

Should be torn down.

Never staying here again

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Christine C, Manager at Sheraton Mahwah Hotel, responded to this review, 8 December 2012
I apologize you feel the hotel was so poor. As a team member for 15 years, I was quite surprised you felt the hotel wasn't clean. We consistently receive high scores and praise for the cleanlines of our rooms and public space. If you would like to discuss your experience further, I would be happy to speak with your directly. Thank you for your time.

Christine-Director of Rooms

Travellers are raving about these Mahwah hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mahwah
Hampton Inn & Suites Mahwah
Crowne Plaza, Suffern
Crowne Plaza, Suffern
#1 of 2 in Suffern
Fairfield Inn & Suites Mahwah

Been to Sheraton Mahwah Hotel? Share your experiences!