“Not best for Italian food”
Review of Maria's

Maria's
Ranked #14 of 57 Restaurants in Manasquan
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
New York City
“Not best for Italian food”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

They had a great stuffed artichoke (very little bread crumbs) in this amazing broth. Really enjoyed it. Definitely skip their fettucine alfredo, way too much butter and not enough cream and cheeese. Steak was cooked properly but very greasy.

Visited August 2014

Manasquan, New Jersey
“Even pasta not good”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Used to be a very good restaurant before it was sold this past year. Now the food quality is awful. A plate of pasta isn't even tasty. Small portions for the price. Go to Squan Tavern

Visited October 2013
Loch Arbour, New Jersey
“Not very good.”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

A friend and I had lunch prior to a show at the Algonquin Theater....our sides of pasta had a really below par marinara sauce...my Mediterranean Chicken was tasty, but my friends Scrod Francaise was not anywhere near what a Francaise sauce should be.. Disappointed in our lunch.

• Visited April 2014
Wall Township, New Jersey
“Awful experience”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Let me first start by saying myself and my family have gone to Maria's for over 20 years. I always felt like you were home with even Maria walking around making sure all dishes were perfect. I could honestly say I have never had a bad meal there prices were fare and food was always consistent. I could also say that I have never been so upset about a dining experience in life. I ordered Veal which was horrible my husband ordered Veal Milanese which was inedible my father order Red Snapper also inedible. We confronted wait staff in reference to our meals the response was less then acceptable they did take one meal off but when asked how could food be prepared in this manner a very matter a fact response of the chef is not here and there are a couple of young kids in the kitchen, Huh… Now after the disaster of the meal our bill final arrives or should I say a purchase of a small vehicle. $278.00 I felt like we were being punked. I said they must not have taken the Veal off so at my dismay the dish was removed from the bill. Their prices were like visiting a Manhattan eatery. I am far from cheap and really enjoy a great experience with food and family but when you pay 8 plus dollars for a cappuccino in NJ thats a problem. In the end of this long winded experience the owner was confronted and could basically care less the adage the customer is always right is not in his vocabulary. His response when we said what a horrible experience we had and how can you charge me for truly inedible food was… Do you know the cost of Veal……………. Let me end by saying I have also never wrote a review before like this because I feel that all establishment sometimes might have an off day but this was not the case. I hope they truly understand quickly that they need to change because its very sad to see an iconic eatery serving this kind of service and food. Very disappointed on ever level.

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank jjmd6426
“Where oh Where is Maria?”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

In the small town of Manasquan are two old time italian restaurants. This WAS one of them until it's recent takeover of ownership. The staff is different, as well as the menu choices. Sometimes it is in your best interest to leave what is better off alone. We are searching for Maria! The prices were too pricy for the portions, not to mention that my entree was cold which meant it was precooked and just reheated. I'm so very thankful that the Bossone family is still thriving at Squan Tavern with a large family to keep it in business forever!

• Visited October 2013