“Amazing”

Dining options: Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 71
Transit: One block West of Manasquan Train Station
Description: Firefly ... An American Bistro, welcomes you to Monmouth County's newest premiere BYOB. New American Cuisine presented by Chef Lou Smith. A culmination of local farm fresh ingredients with a whimsical, artful approach to presentations. The dining room is a modern, inviting, comfortable space with all the elements in mind. Come join us where a warm summer evening is always "Captured" ... at "Firefly"
Point Pleasant Beach, New Jersey
“Amazing”
Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

Dine here regularly,I am a local and pleasantly satisfied with service and food. Firefly is a gem and it's a joy seeing a family working hard together to present a great all around product. I will continue to give them my support!

Visited November 2013

Colts Neck, New Jersey
“Expensive, loud, rude and pretentious.”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Met some people here for work. On a recommendation of one of our coworkers we decided to try it. What a mistake. It was a zero from start to finish. We were seated 30 mins past our reservation time. ( I understand that sometimes situations are out of the restaurant's hands if a previous party decides to stay and sip they're wine as we were told by the manager ) This wasn't a big issue. We were sat cramped against another table. We told them it was too tight and were told this is how we seat a party of your size." Usually people don't need more room". We were looking at each other like is this guy kidding? We ordered our meals and they were served 1;45 after we were seated. Meals were ok. Not as if someone spent 1:45 minutes preparing it. One was salty and two were swimming in sauce. We were told our wait seemed longer because we didn't order appetizers. We again were dumbfounded at the response. We were afraid to ask for dessert in case that also took long. We asked for a check which took almost 15 minutes to arrive. I want to think that this place had a bad night because in my experience even the good restaurants struggle to stay open. If this is the norm then i feel bad for whoever owns this.

3 Thank Christian M
St. Thomas
“Not impressed”
Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went with another couple to check out Firefly during Jersey Shore Restaurant Week. They offered a three course dinner at $30.13 for the week long event.

The restaurant decor is lovely, but the seating is extremely tight and the acoustics are terrible. The place was full and the noise made it impossible to hold a conversation.

The food was tasty and nicely presented. It was not outstanding.

The service was painfully slow.

This restaurant is byob and we did not bring wine. We were offered water but no other choice of beverage. And after the first glass of water there was an incredible dry spell.

2 1/2 hours after our arrival, we were presented with the bill. Since we paid in cash, we waited 15 minutes for our check to be retrieved. It didn't happen, so we just left it on the table. If we had been paying by credit card, we would probably still be sitting there.

Visited November 2013
Washington, New Jersey
“Good Food/Loud Restaurant”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

After being immediately seated with a reservation on Friday night, my husband and I spoke with our out-of-town guests for about 20 minutes while our wine was opened (BYOB) and beverages were served. The restaurant was about half full. We were seated along a wall in the main dining area, and I could tell immediately it was going to be a loud restaurant. The menu had a great choices with all my favorites. As we ordered, we were told that 2-3 of our selections were "out" (flat bread appetizer and tuna entree). We found it odd to have a restaurant sold out of things on a Friday night at 8pm as the weekend just started. Two of us had the crab cake appetizer (excellent) and two of us had the Firefly Salad (fresh but average). Two of us had the pumpkin ravioli special (rich with shrimp and crab), one had the crab cake entree and one had the halibut entree. By the time the entrees came, the restaurant was completely full and it was very difficult to carry a conversation without yelling to one another. I remember reading some reviews about the noise and, boy, were they correct. Our server was very good and attentive. Overall, the food was good but a bit over-priced.

Marlboro, New Jersey
“It would have been a good find if it wasn't so expensive”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Our friends suggested the place based in the recommendation by friends of theirs. Parking was not bad off the street, no waiting as we had a reservation. Our table was in the back of the restaurant in a dark corner, we needed flashlight to read our menus and difficult to appreciate the food when it came as the presentation seemed very nice, but without light is difficult. We are always looking for BYOB choices out there to visit and to add to our list of restaurants. We ordered each of us appetizers I myself had the calamari with an Asian Infusion which was crisp and nice, my wife ordered the crab cake which was ok according to her, our friends ordered the Macaroni &cheese lobster which we tried and was very good, it sounds ordinary but it was a surprise.
Our main dishes were the Crust Salmon stuffed, Duck, Lamb Chops and Chicken. Over all the food was good and no major issues at all from the 4 of us. Dessert was ok also nothing major to remember. Our main disappointment was the cost of their food everything was too expensive at the level of New York City, but in Manasquan, NJ
Recommending this place on their food will be ok as their dishes were good, the place itself and their prices not so much, so if you are in the area and want to get rid off some cash this can be a stop.