“It's what's inside that counts!”
Review of Twin Oaks Motel

Twin Oaks Motel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Manasquan
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Ok so u drive up and think oh my where am I staying?! Definitely jersey shore motel feel from my childhood. Outside looks dated but very manicured. The pool is spotless as are the grounds. But the most important thing is that the rooms are sooooo clean. They are a decent size and have huge tvs! Probably could have purchased smaller ones but they are great. I love that the rooms have refrigerators and microwaves at no extra charge. We have dietary issues and hate to have to eat every meal out so we were able to purchase food and eat in the room. Also we were able to bring our dog for a small fee which was convenient for us. This motel is close to everything and is a good deal for jersey shore prices. Only negative would be that they could update bedding? Looks dated and older but certainly clean and fine otherwise. This was a last minute trip and we were bringing a lot of people so we couldn't spend a fortune on two rooms at other places. This was around 180.00 for a queen and full bed in one room for Saturday night and 100.00 for Sunday. Still expensive for motel prices but everything down there is outrageously priced so I need to accept that this is more than fairly priced!!! Especially because of the convenience and amenities of the rooms.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Simi531

Reviewed 20 August 2012

Although it looks a bit dodgy from the outside (think old signage a la the Bates), the Twin Oaks Motel is better on the inside and not a bad option for the Manasquan area. There aren't a lot of other hotels/motels in this area, so when looking for a quick one or two night beach trip, this is probably one of the better options available.
Rooms are small, but do the job. As mentioned on the website, by the owner when we called, and on the sign outside, the rooms do appear to have undergone some recent renovation. Bathrooms were tiny, but nice and new and clean. There was a large flat screen TV on the wall, and the rug in the bedroom looked pretty new. Our room had a small fridge and a microwave, which although a little dated looking, seemed to work fine and were convenient for us.
Where the quality dipped a little is in the beds and linens. These seemed a little old and outdated. Nothing was dirty, but the mattress could have been a little more supportive, the linens seem faded, and I had to prop my pillow up with extra towels to get enough support under my head.

Despite the location (near a couple of beach towns known as party areas) we didn't have any problems with noise once we went to bed (which admittedly was pretty late). We didn't use the pool, but it looked reasonably nice and had it not been overcast, I definitely would considered spending some time laying there before heading out.

The location is near the beach and town in Manasquan, but not really walking distance. To get back and forth you'll need to drive, bike or get a cab. We took cabs in the evening and it was $4 to $5 per person.

Keep in mind that if you're going to go to the bars in Manasquan, make sure to leave a little bit ahead of last call - with lots of people looking for cabs to towns a bit further away, the small fare offered by taking people to the Twin Oaks will usually lose out unless you can catch a cab before the rush.

Room Tip: It seems like the rates vary a bit based on supply and demand so it might be worth trying to negotia...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 August 2012

The rooms were recently remodeled and they are really nice.
Sheets were clean and even the comforter smelt good. Huge flat screen TV with HBO and an air conditioner that even on low made the room deliciously cold.

My only complaint was the pool area was mosquito/bug city! We couldn't even sit and enjoy the pool because we were eaten alive

Other than that, the hotel is centrally located to Manasquan, Belmar, Brielle and Point Pleasant.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank nfgurlie
Reviewed 9 June 2012

I am primarily a business traveler. Staying in a city is easy, 4 - star hotels are all over the place. At this part of the shore, the are no 4-star hotels. The Twin Oaks is as good as you will get, bar none. Pros: The staff is friendly and accommodating. The location is perfect. Several restaurants and shops, including a 24 hour Dunkin Donuts, are two blocks away. The grounds are very well maintained. Outdoor pool area. Outdoor picnic area. It is VERY CLEAN, in all ways. My room was spotless, odor free, the linens were freshly cleaned, and there is not a single insect anywhere (kind of the opposite of Trump Plaza, but that's for another review ...). I am a neat freak and not easily satisfied in terms of room cleanliness. The Twin Oaks was a very pleasant surprise. Free Wifi is available, but even better is the wired internet connection in each room. Also, it is a cleanly-run establishment. I saw no shady characters, the nights are quiet - no disturbances of any sort. Cons (that pertain to this class of hotel): A more comfortable chair would have been nice. Also, complimentary coffee goes a long way with me; there is none at the Twin Oaks. One thing that is both a pro and a con: No volume control on the television. I couldn't turn mine up as loud as I would like, but I also never heard one blaring from another room either.

Room Tip: Some rooms face the pool, some face the twin oak trees.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank efob
Reviewed 31 October 2011

With recently renovated rooms, we have stayed at Twin Oaks on several occasions and are never disappointed. Had the chance to stay in one of the "new rooms" this past trip and we were very impressed. Neat, clean, large flat screen TV, many cable channels, pet friendly, reasonable prices (even summer prices are not outrageous whether staying for a night or a week), clean bathrooms, clean grounds, adequate parking, built-in pool, mirco-wave and fridge in the rooms - very impressive! The owner, Charlie, is very friendly and checking in is quick and efficient. Never had a problem with staying here. Conveniently located across the street is a mini-mall featuring a laundromat, Dunkin' Donuts and Foodtown supermarket, to name a few. Center of town and many shops not far from the motel. Internet service is a big plus as well. Highly recommend Twin Oaks Motel to anyone staying in the area. Call quickly tho' and place your reservations - this place is in heavy demand!!!

Room Tip: Call early to place reservations! This place is in big demand and rooms go quickly!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank ginny110411
Reviewed 6 March 2011

Staying at the Twin Oaks Motel in Manasquan, NJ made all the difference during what was a difficult time for my family. We were in town for a funeral following the death of a close family member, and traveling with two small children complicated matters further. Our room was fantastic - newly renovated, clean and fully stocked (my oldest has asthma, and not only was our room non-smoking, clearly no one had ever smoked in it before), and our room had a gigantic flatscreen TV that was such a lifeline with entertaining the kids (my husband thinks it was 50 inches - he wants one now). I was feeling so rushed with the funeral requiring last-minute travel plans, but once I got to the room and learned that they have wireless internet access it made getting in touch with my family and finalizing our plans with my laptop sitting in bed next to my kids so fantastic. My youngest (3 years) has never stayed in a hotel room before and was clearly anxious at check-in, and one of the owners was so smart to pull out a "magic" fuzzy blanket that eased the transition, and that he ended up carrying everywhere. Just so personable and friendly - and extremely knowledgeable of the area. They were able to recommend 3 local restaurants that were kid-friendly and had flyers prepared in the office with directions and all their contact information for each. We also had a fridge and a microwave in our room for the leftovers. Whenever I may return to the area, I would never consider staying anywhere else.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank phoenixnaos
Reviewed 25 October 2010

We have been coming here for the past few years. This establishment is competitive, clean, has a good location and their owners have always been cordial and helpful. We were pleased on last stay to see that they are in the process of renovating their rooms to include new 50 inch plasma TV's.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Utopia007
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manasquan
Doolan's
#1 of 1 in Sea Girt
Shore Hills Motel
Shore Hills Motel
#3 of 4 in Manasquan

Been to Twin Oaks Motel? Share your experiences!