“Average hotel room, pretty clean, pretty quiet”

Motel 6 Philadelphia - Mt Laurel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Maple Shade
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Needed a place to stay for a quick family trip to Philly. Rate here was reasonable, room was clean and no smoke odors, 2 queen beds. Refrig and microwave both worked, though they looked about 30 years old and refrig was missing one foot so sat at an odd angle. Absolutely zero frills, but bed was comfy, cable TV worked fine (important when travelling w/kids). Folks at desk efficient and pleasant. Linens were clean, though one sheet had a 1/2" tear in it. Parking lot has a bunch of floodlights at night, so car seemed pretty safe.

Location is along a stretch of highway populated with Dunkin Donuts, Burger Kings, diners, other motels, but our room was away from the road and surprisingly quiet. Boisterous neighbors came home at one point, but immediately clammed up. Plenty of food choices around, so didn't even try the lobby coffee in the morning. If all you need is a room, this one worked out fine for me and the kids. Would I take the wife here for a romantic weekend? Ahhhh, NO.

Room Tip: Looks like all rooms here face either to the side (ours faced the Popeye's next door) or are in...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 23 July 2012

I stayed here for one night last weekend. It was a matter of have to rather than want to. Could not find another room from 60 miles north to Maple Shade.

I wasn't expecting too much and that is exactly what I got. At least the bed was clean, but the stain on the carpet looked a lot like a bloodstain and the bath was stained as well. Had to let the water run for a full ten minutes before it heated up enough to have a shower. Toilet was loose on the floor and the seat wasn't too secure either.

Would I stay there again? No

Room Tip: Go to another Motel
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 July 2012

I couldn't resist checking out this hotel...Yes I read the reviews but I went and checked in anyway.
Room 361..I must say the room was quite large..a king size bed..two night stands and a coner table and a work station. The carpet at the door was shreded and the door was dirty..Bathroom was clean and so was the bedding. Would i stay there again...no. The girl at the front desk was pleasant and helpful..I'm going to spend the extra money and super 8 or the any thing else...I'm trying to get up enought nerve to check out the Bel Air.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank teadrinker64
Reviewed 1 July 2012

It's a Motel 6, so that's the baseline. Pluses: my bed was pretty comfortable, the sheets surprisingly soft, the person who checked me in was efficient, and when the a/c didn't work, I received fairly quick attention, and when they couldn't repair it to satisfaction, I was given another room. Minuses: Grounds are on the grungy side - the elevator and outdoor hallways are of garage quality. Thin walls, and the bathtubs in both rooms were such that I would have to be pretty desparate for a bath to use it. I was in a non-smoking room, but I suspect that there are previous decades of nicotine molecules still in the air. Bottom line: for a cheap pet-friendly place near Philly, it's acceptable.

Room Tip: Ask for one facing the back to minimize noise from highway traffic
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 April 2012

Typical motel 6. They let us check in early, staff were polite. Rooms clean, with a fridge! But the bathroom doors in both the rooms we booked had been kicked in. Found syringes under one of the mattresses. But area seemed safe. So if you don't mind speculating about why the bathroom door lock was busted - suicide? Domestic dispute? Drug deal gone wrong? - motel's of usual standard for a motel 6, but with a the added bonus of a fridge!

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 12 January 2012

Stayed here on business for a couple nights. Late Evening/Early AM desk guy was very helpful when I checked in. Not much to the room. Would have liked a mini fridge, but overall it was just a cheap place to sleep. Secure parking lot with easy access to Philadelphia bridges. Very handy. Would definitely stay there again with my tight budget.

Room Tip: Careful when parking/backing out because people can come around the one-way entrance a little fast.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Jason E
Reviewed 27 October 2011

When we pulled up to the motel I was honestly dreading what was inside. The outside looked old and run down. It appeared to be not well maintained. When I stepped inside I was very surprised. The carpet looked new, the room was very clean and the bathroom was a delight. The bathroom had new fixtures.. new tub, new shower, new toilet. The bathtub itself was great! it was HUGE. Beds was comfy, too. The only bad thing was when I spilled something on the bed, and got clean sheets I noticed I big rust colored area near the head on the mattress . That concerned me a bit b/c I had no idea what it was. So I decided to turn the mattress over and guess what?.... I FOUND MONEY UNDER THE MATTRESS. So that was a plus. The traffic outside was a bit noisy but the hotel is located on a busy street. There is a Popeyes next door and a Burger King across the street. The wifi was not that great, but we got it free so no real complaints there. Overall its a good place to stay if you are on a budget. Just make sure you lock your doors and your car.

Room Tip: rooms on the end are somewhat quieter than the front of the hotel, but the wifi is not so great
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Wyndham Philadelphia - Mount Laurel
Aloft Mount Laurel
Aloft Mount Laurel
#14 of 28 in Mount Laurel

Been to Motel 6 Philadelphia - Mt Laurel? Share your experiences!