Motel 6 Philadelphia - Mt Laurel
All reviewsdunkin donutscable tvthird floorpopeyeshighway
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I stayed at this location on business. I was exhausted, it was around midnight and I stopped at the first hotel I saw. I parked in the darkened lot and as I turned the corner to enter the lobby, I saw what appeared to be pimps outside the front door clearly seeing everyone who walks in and out of the building. One of them followed me inside to inquire what amount of money I paid to check in. There are random people walking around at all hours of the night. I wanted to leave but was afraid to pass the men outside to go back to my car. There also was police in the stair well. To top it off, when I woke up I was ITCHY. No place to stay, and definitly no place to ever take children.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Nothing left to say except Good price fast internet, clean rooms and very nice people. Especially if your solo, this is the place to go, there is a place down the straight for 20 dollars less but it might as well be free. I forget the name of it.

Room Tip: Checkout is at noon which is so much better
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 August 2013

This motel is ok. Pet friendly and sort of clean. Looks like it was update this century. Rooms are big. At least there was no mold or bugs at this location. The one problem was it took FOREVER to check in, like 30 min. We were very tired and did not appreciate waiting 30 min to check in. Other than that our stay was ok.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Recent 2 night stay for a lacrosse tournament. This place is .5 steps up from a complete dump. The rooms are fair sized. Beds are marginally adequate. Carpeting is filthy. The property itself is cluttered with garbage, cigarette butts, and is just not well kept. The building exteriors are run down. They don't have extra pillows so bring your own if you sleep with more than one. TV station lineup was adequate, but outdated small screen TV. Located on a busy road and you could here traffic all night. Air conditioner drowned out traffic noise but it was loud and obnoxious. I'll stay in a Motel 6 anytime...but not this one ever again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Needed a place to stay for a quick family trip to Philly. Rate here was reasonable, room was clean and no smoke odors, 2 queen beds. Refrig and microwave both worked, though they looked about 30 years old and refrig was missing one foot so sat at an odd angle. Absolutely zero frills, but bed was comfy, cable TV worked fine (important when travelling w/kids). Folks at desk efficient and pleasant. Linens were clean, though one sheet had a 1/2" tear in it. Parking lot has a bunch of floodlights at night, so car seemed pretty safe.

Location is along a stretch of highway populated with Dunkin Donuts, Burger Kings, diners, other motels, but our room was away from the road and surprisingly quiet. Boisterous neighbors came home at one point, but immediately clammed up. Plenty of food choices around, so didn't even try the lobby coffee in the morning. If all you need is a room, this one worked out fine for me and the kids. Would I take the wife here for a romantic weekend? Ahhhh, NO.

Room Tip: Looks like all rooms here face either to the side (ours faced the Popeye's next door) or are in the rear building which is probably 200 feet from the road, so road noise is not likely to be an issue wherever you get placed.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family