“Sunsets on the House!”

Luciano Lamberti's Sunset Marina & Restaurant
Ranked #30 of 44 Restaurants in Margate City
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Southern New Jersey
“Sunsets on the House!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

Funny how you read others reviews and people complain about EVERYTHING! I was somewhat concerned that they dont take reservations but my wife and I arrived around 6:30 pm and were seated right away at high top table .... well the table happened to be right next to the kitchen door hmm... but wait the waitress took it upon herself to move us!
The evening only got better from there; food,service and drinks were all good. the restaurant filled up but we were never rushed. When the check came ( 8pm )our server said stay and enjoy the sunset.... and that we did! We will certainly return in the fall when we locals get back the Jersey shore! Oh and sunsets are on the house!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank KampingKlown

“Worst experience ever!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

Terrible customer service. Worst I've ever seen. Mediocre food that took forever to come out. After screwing up my reservation multiple times, they still weren't ready for my large party when we arrived. We waited an hour for a table, another hour for our food, and when I asked to speak to the manager to complain, he was obnoxious!! I asked to speak to another manager and all she did was make excuses. They never appologized, and after all the trouble they put me thru all they did was comp a $20 plate off a $500 bill. And on our way out the door, the manager said to my party, 'I hope we never see you again.' Ignorant, obnoxious, and plain unprofessional.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Rivera850
Atco, New Jersey, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Appetizers on the Bay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

The service was ok. My bar drink was way to strong. The appetizers were very good. Nice view of the marina.

Visited July 2013
donchamp
“Good food, fair wine list”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

Assortment of appetizers and meals for our group of 6 were all cooked just right. Glasses of wine were priced well, and bottles were quite reasonable, encouraging us to try a few different wines. Great atmosphere and not too crowded . Great bar scene.

• Visited July 2013
NJ
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Blah”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

Recently my husband and I went to Lamberti's for dinner with our toddler age daughter. It was a nice night and we wanted to eat somewhere with an outside deck and a view of the water. When we got there, a little after 7pm on a Monday, there were plenty of tables available. We were told we'd just have to wait a few minutes for the other hostess to come back before we were seated, (since we told them we'd like to sit outside by the water) so apparently each hostess is in charge of a certain area.

When the hostess did arrive we were told that they could not sit us at one of the tables for 4 facing the water. They were not supposed to seat people there who had less than 3 people. So apparently a 2 1/2 year old who needs to have their own highchair is not a person. We were instead seated at a small table for two next to the entrance to the kitchen with a view of the street and a register and beam behind us. We also got to hear arguing between staff in the kitchen during our meal.

The waiter was nice and friendly, but it didn't make up for our experience. The bread tasted burnt and stale. Our food was good, but for the price and portion size I've had much better. I had a small piece of my chicken left from my meal that I got wrapped because I didn't want to waste it. I asked for a small cup of extra sauce on the side thinking I'd need some when reheating it. I was told that they could not give me any extra sauce. So even though I paid $20 for my meal of a piece of chicken breast and 2 spoonfuls of pasta, I can't get a 1/4 cup of extra sauce. Bread is served with the meal, but not even a complimentary soup or salad.

The tables are cheap plastic patio furniture, and water or soda is served in cheap plastic cups. The food is okay, but not for the price. The views of the water are good, but unfortunately we were not able to enjoy them. I can see not seating us there if there was a crowd and a wait, but there were plenty of open tables and it was not crowded at all when we went. It was a total disappoint.

• Visited July 2013