“Wonderful Find in the Heart of Margate”
Review of Bocca

Bocca
Ranked #11 of 44 Restaurants in Margate City
Price range: US$0 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian, Bar, Pizza, American
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Atlantic City
“Wonderful Find in the Heart of Margate”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Went here for dinner just because it was Restaurant Week and I had never been, so why not? Wow...I'm so glad I stopped by. Went for dinner and the place is beautiful. Rich wood floors and tables, brick wall accents, etc. Very upscale for a small, intimate restaurant. They have a full bar and serve everything from cheesesteaks to filet mignon (Steak Sinatra), from pizza to burgers to crab and lobster cakes and just about everything in between. They serve both lunch and dinner and offer free delivery of their entire menu!

We had flounder stuffed with crab and lobster, and it was the best stuffed flounder I've ever eaten and the potions were huge! The bananas foster was to die for. The appetizers were very good, as well.

The service was very friendly and attentive. When they found out it was my first visit, the hostess very kindly went over all their special promotions for lunch, delivery, birthdays, etc. They offer some awesome deals! I highly recommend.

• Visited March 2014

Margate, United Kingdom
“just ok”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

not much to say about the food...French fries were good,u will not see me in there again ...wish them luck they will need it!!

• Visited January 2014
Atlantic City, New Jersey
“Great place for lunch”
Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

Just had lunch today. Food was great. Waitress friendly.....owner even delivered the food. The French onion soup is to die for!

Ventnor City, New Jersey
“Our new favorite restaurant!”
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I'm a local, I love less than a half-mile away from Bocca. I avoided it during the summer of 2013 because it was new and very crowded. So we tried it for the first time this past fall, and after several visits we're sure of it, we found our new favorite restaurant!

Although it has a pizza counter and take-out in one dining room and a large bar in the other, it has an elegant and refined look and feel to it. It doesn't look or feel like just another pizza place that has some tables in it.

Let me talk about the great pizzas first, to get that out of the way. My favorite and my teenage son's favorite is the 12-inch coal-fired Nonna's pizza. I've seen other boutique pizza shops offer a similar pie, but Bocca's is my favorite. Simple ingredients: fresh mozzarella, plum tomatoes, basil, garlic and extra virgin olive oil. Crafted and cooked to perfection. I enjoy asking them to add crumbled Italian sausage to it. My wife's favorite pizza is the salad pizza: fresh mozzarella, Romano, Parmesan, garlic, EVOO topped with grape tomatoes and what they call Arcadian greens that have been tossed in balsamic vinaigrette. I love this one, too.

But to limit yourself to pizza here would be a huge mistake. They have a large and varied menu. You can tell that a lot of imagination and knowledge went into crafting this menu, it's as good as and better than what you'd expect from a small town Italian place that offers delivery.

Homemade soups, cool appetizers, fresh salads. Entrees run the entire range from about 10 imaginative seafood dishes, a couple of steaks, a really intriguing and original "Jersey Blueberry Bourbon Pork," a couple of eggplant dishes, some cool chicken dishes, and of course pastas (try the short rib ravioli !!!).

We end up there about once a month nowadays. We'd go more often, but we enjoy cooking for ourselves so we don't go out a lot. But I'll be sure to fit in a few more visits before summertime. We tend to leave restaurants to our summer visitors when they're here enjoying our beach community.

Bocca is definitely worth a try.

• Visited November 2013
Margate City, New Jersey
“very nice”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

this place is very nice inside has a beautiful blue illuminated bar once your insde, large spacisous seating, sometimes a band or someone playing music. at night i seen once they set up where the restaurant is a beer pong table for the bar goers once dinner was done which i thought was pretty neat. they have a decent late night menu, their price is not that bad. if your going for a dinner dinner yes 25-30$ but app and salad or app and sandwich maybe 20-25$ per person which isnt bad.

• Visited October 2013