“Management does not care / Poor staff training”
Review of Barrels

Barrels
Ranked #15 of 46 Restaurants in Margate City
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 June 2012

The best I can say about this restaurant is our waitress was very pleasant & attentive. The food was average. About 20 minutes after leaving this restaurant I realized that my husband & I left our double wine container behind with an unopened bottle in it. I phoned immediately & was assured they found it & would hold it for me until the following week. When I phoned the following week to confirm prior to picking it up I was told by a manager who clearly could care less that the person who answered the phone probably did not really check as is "often the case". I was also told they are not " allowed to keep wine" & someone took it home. My wine container was not there either. The manager sounded bored by my call & offered no apology what so ever. There are plenty of restaurants with better food & honest well trained staff for me to patronize. I will not be eating here again nor recommending to anyone.

Reviewed 23 September 2011

Had an 80th birthday party for my mother. Took over 1/2 of the restaurant. The staff was very accomodating. Good, basic Italian American fare. Prices reasonable. Good size portions. Great appetizers.

Reviewed 11 August 2011

We go here at least a few times every summer season. The food is not fancy, but is consistantly good Italian cuisine. There are a few specials every night, but the main menu is chicken & veal made a dozen ways. My wife loves the mussels appetizer which is big enough for an entree. Most entrees are under $20 with the specials a little more, but they come with soup or salad as well for the extra price. It is BYOB as well.

Reviewed 18 June 2011

A small place off of Ventnor Avenue, small dining room with take out next door. Specials every night, BYOB, great menu.
Top quality food, at great prices, kid friendly.

Reviewed 15 September 2010

My brother, a Margate resident, introduced my wife and me to Barrels on Sunday 9-14-10. He and I had a shrimp dish while she had their signature veal, all three meals were served with what must have been homemade pasta. All of us thoroughly enjoyed our meals and our waitress and busboy were cheerful and efficient. This is a great place to eat and we will return!