“Not kid friendly!!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #18 of 44 Restaurants in Margate City
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Serving Margate City since 1982, Downbeach Deli serves fresh, flavorful, deli favorites. Join us for breakfast, lunch, or dinner! Our come-as-you-are atmosphere and friendly service combined with our extensive menu, makes Downbeach Deli one of the best eateries in town. We serve a huge selection of breakfast items including pastries, omelets, and bagels.
NJ
“Not kid friendly!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013 via mobile

Unbelievable! Five adults and a one year old grandchild. Everyone knows us since we go there frequently year round. First time for the baby who is from out of town. All ordered big dinners. Asked if they could please scramble one egg for the baby. No way! We don't do that because of the frying pans. We can make a plain omelet for $7.00 but not one egg. What?? Could not believe their answer. Sorry that we didn't walk out, but we stayed and ate. Big mistake, no one enjoyed their meal. Server was frazzled, forgot one item for each course. It was always for my daughter- in- law. I was very embarrassed. They just lost good customers, year round customers. I don't even think they care.

Visited July 2013

New York
“"Meh" is a pretty accurate description.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

As a Brooklyner, I take my delis seriously, and Downbeach didn't meet my standards. I ordered a few childhood favorites: blinchiki, matzo ball soup, and a chocolate egg cream. Like most delis, they brought out pickles and bread first. The portions were generous, but the pickles were underdone, and the pumpernickel just wasn't very flavorful. They brought out my egg cream, and it must have been sitting in the kitchen for a while, because it was flat, and stirring it didn't help. Admittedly, the blinchiki were quite good. Much sweeter than usual, but very good nonetheless. The matzo ball soup was cold and a huge disappointment. Anyway, you get a lot for an inexpensive price, but the food's just not very good.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Elena B
East Coast
“A regular favorite”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

The ONLY deli worth visiting in the area. Great brisket, great home cooked meals and great breakfasts. Consistent comfort food in a relaxed atmosphere. Love it here.

Visited August 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“I LOVE this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2013

This is my favorite restaurant in charming Margate. If you have an affinity for Jewish food, which I do, come home to Downbeach. The motzah balls are out of this world, the brisket is so yum, and they serve awesome pickles and pumpernickel at the beginning of every meal. It's warm and loving and I couldn't love a restaurant more. I dread the summer when it will be crowded with tourists and summer residents!

• Visited March 2013
“Wonderful Luncheonette”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2013

Had a great brunch here today. It started out with there signature pickle and peppers appetizer which is complimentary. I had a nice breakfast which I like any time of the day. Very attentive service also had a wonderful Jewish bakery as well check it out you won't be sorry.

Visited January 2013