“a not-so-typical Jewish deli at the Jersey Shore”

Downbeach Deli & Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 46 Restaurants in Margate City
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen, Cafe
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Serving Margate City since 1982, Downbeach Deli serves fresh, flavorful, deli favorites. Join us for breakfast, lunch, or dinner! Our come-as-you-are atmosphere and friendly service combined with our extensive menu, makes Downbeach Deli one of the best eateries in town. We serve a huge selection of breakfast items including pastries, omelets, and bagels.
Reviewed 28 March 2014

This is possibly the only deli/diner type restaurant I have ever been to where the multi-page laminated menu has local advertising -- and lots of it. Ads not only included lawyers, builders and retirement villages but also plastic surgery doctors and even the local synagogue - intriguing concept and certainly a way to make your menu pay for itself before a customer even orders. Heck o' moxie.

As for the food, this Deli nestled between Atlantic and Ventnor Avenues off the beach in the lovely lil' village of Margate-by-the-Sea features almost everything and anything you'd imagine, -- from healthy choices to wraps to smoked fish platters to sub-wiches with everything in between including blintzes, burgers and early bird dinners. You want delivery between 11am and 4pm, they'll bring hot Yiddish-kite meal right to your door.

The DownBeach Deli is a local fixture; it's been around for 32 years. And if you've got a hankering for a bowl of borsht. potato latkes, a kosher piled high any-kind-of-deli-meat sandwich (hot or cold), or even a 1/2 a cantaloupe (in season) filled with 1% cottage cheese and a side of bagel chips, the DD has got it. Anytime between 8am to 9pm on weekends, this IS THE place for the most diverse menu of Jewish deli /(diner) food that I could ever imagine.

Robert H, Owner at Downbeach Deli & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Sounds like you're a real fan! I'm so happy to hear that you've always enjoyed everything so much, from the food to the service, and I appreciate your great review. I know it's been a while since you left this, but I wanted to say that, although I see you're based in California, I hope you've had a chance to visit us again since you left this review. If not, I hope we'll be seeing you again soon!

All the best,

Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

I eat here at least twice a week. Great food. Great deli. Wonderful daily specials. If you have to wait to be seated.....doesn't that mean that the place is in demand? Duh!

Robert H, Owner at Downbeach Deli & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

We're so happy to have you as a regular, Billy! Thanks for the rave review. Stop in and visit us again soon.

Best,

Reviewed 31 August 2013

If you don't mind waiting, to be seated, to get service, to be served hot food,to be acknowledged at all, then go here.
If you don't mind cardboard flavored rock hard potato latkes the size of cameos, then go here.
If you don't mind under filled,overpriced, fatty and or ice cold hot meat sandwiches, then go there.
Take it from this Brooklyn , foodie, Goy, and her Bronx/Brooklyn Jewish hubby, this was my last of 7 tries, my hubby's last of 3!
Want a great Jewish deli restaurant experience , come down to Atlantic City to The Atlantic Club (former Hilton) on the boardwalk! You'll be pleasantly surprised and have enough saved shekels to try your luck!

Reviewed 28 August 2013

Stopped on the last day of our vacation looking for a "lite bite" Perfect choice
A chopped liver side dish ,a potato kinish .,a hot pastrami sandwich and a chocolate egg cream made the 2 of us smile ....A little taste of "Brooklyn" in Ventnor ,NJ

Robert H, Owner at Downbeach Deli & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

I'm really happy to hear that you thought we were perfect, BARRYS! It sounds like you both enjoyed everything, and I appreciate you letting us know about it. I know it's been a year since you left this, but I hope you've had a chance to visit us again since then. If not, I hope we see you again soon!

All the best,

Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

Enjoy dinners and take out. Meet friends. Early bird pricing is reasonable- all nite Mon to Thurs. Traditional comfort food!!