“OYE, some pair of Matzo Balls!”

Downbeach Deli & Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 46 Restaurants in Margate City
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Deli, Cafe
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Serving Margate City since 1982, Downbeach Deli serves fresh, flavorful, deli favorites. Join us for breakfast, lunch, or dinner! Our come-as-you-are atmosphere and friendly service combined with our extensive menu, makes Downbeach Deli one of the best eateries in town. We serve a huge selection of breakfast items including pastries, omelets, and bagels.
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We arrived at 7;30.They close @ 9 pm . Good food, smallish portions. If you think the 1/2 sandwich and cup of soup will satisfy you , you may want to think twice. kitchen closes at (9;00 pm) make sure you give your entire order before they close the kitchen. Once we were served our meal, we all realized that Theresa, out server forgot the chopped liver. She said it was too late to order the chopped liver, Kitchen is closed. Then informed us that the kosher slicer for my son's salami sandwich was already cleaned. I asked if they could cut the salami with a knife. The sandwich arrived machine sliced. We felt like we were treated like chopped liver!!! She really had some pair of Matzo balls.
They're the only Jewish deli/restaurant in town and have a very captive audience.

Robert H, Owner at Downbeach Deli & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

I'm sorry to hear about your less-than-perfect experience with us the other day, Angela. First off, anybody that comes in should only expect their orders to be accurate, so I apologize that your liver was forgotten in the first place. Also, if the food wasn't prepared the way you would have preferred, again, I apologize for that as well.

That said, I'm glad to see you were satisfied overall with your visit here, and I hope you'll come back again next time you're in town. I know we can do even better next time around.

All the best,

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

I used to eat here every other day. Last few times have been bad to fair.

I'll try again this winter but prefer the new Gilcrest.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Four of us had a late lunch on Memorial Day. If there had been a crowd, it had dissapated by 2 PM. Something for everybody from a cheese omelette to matzoh ball soup and pastrami sandwich, to lean or fatty corned beef. Quick service to some very demanding guests (us). Modest cost. If you like deli, try this.

Robert H, Owner at Downbeach Deli & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Glad to hear you were a fan when you visited us back in May, jagman8f! You guys made some great choices, and I hope we see you again sometime -- I know you won't be disappointed!

All the best,

Reviewed 17 May 2014

After trying desperately to find a good breakfast/lunch place at the shore, we stumbled across this gem. Don't expect fancy decor or linens, but do expect fresh pickles, friendly service, and excellent food. Also, as a vegetarian, I appreciate that there are many tasty options listed, rather than just a salad, as in so many other delis. This will be our new weekend favorite this summer!

Robert H, Owner at Downbeach Deli & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

I'm glad you stumbled across us, Tom! We were more than happy to accommodate you with our vegetarian options, and it's great to hear you enjoyed everything so much. I hope you've been back to see us again since you left this review, and if not, I hope we'll be seeing you soon!

Best,

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Corned beef hash...awful. The only good thing was the egg!
Cold corned beef sandwich..had to have it heated. Was told they serve it cold!!
Potato pancakes a disaster..tasteless.. gave them back to the server
Reuben and cheese blintzes not so good either.
This place needs to go to a real deli and take notes!
Service so-so..very pleasant server, but hard to find when needed